Crescent rolls

Kea

Do y'all know of any store around Peñasco that sells Pillsbury (or any other brand) crescent rolls in tubes? Well, I guess they don't have to come in a tube. Just crescent roll dough that can make a 9" x 13" flat rectangle.

Thanks!

playaperro

El Pirata
They have crescent rolls there and I been buying pan birote and bollilo rolls at the panaderia!

Last edited:

Kea

Yeah, I've bought lots of good bread at the various local stores. My favorite (so far) is the panque at Super Ley.

For now I just need the dough. The already completed crescent rolls won't work for the crust for a sopapilla cheesecake.

El Gato

CS is a great place to find odd things like Thomas English Muffins, bagels, etc. Just ask if you don't see it and/or prowl through all the freezers - Carlos and Michelle and staff are really helpful. They speak English - help us with our Spanish. They also take credit cards - which is a good thing as we always end up with more goodies then we thought we would want :)

Kea

Yes, it is a good place. I have been there before - but primarily when they had their cafe. Great cheesesteaks!

Kea

Sorry Playa, you're too late with your edit. I already saw who you want to make it for you!

Also I hope you don't mean you want the recipe for the cheese steaks - you would have to ask CS for that! (Sorry ... just yanking your chain!)

"Assuming" (yes, I know that gets me in trouble) you want the sopapilla cheesecake recipe -- this is basically the one I use:

Sopapilla Cheesecake Dessert Recipe - Allrecipes.com

However, I don't use the almonds. I've never had a sopapilla with almonds, so I see no need to put them on the cheesecake. (With this link, you can convert the recipe to English or Metric units of measurement.)

You can also do a Google search and find a few other minor variations.

playaperro

El Pirata
i kind of like sec 2 have a brother that lives there, visit him and hang out on that beach, beautiful, for some reason they will take your teva's and sunscreen, watch out for the Ladron francisco hernandez mandujano.

playaperro

El Pirata
Hi Kea might be in town Sunday Night-Monday did you get that! Can get it for you if you like...also have truck for anyone else that needs something brought down just need some gas and drinking money!

Kea

Thanks for the offer Playperro, but it won't be necessary.

CS didn't have the crescent rolls, but they could get a case in a week ... don't need that many. After that, I decided to make a margarita cheesecake instead. All ingredients available. The other one will just have to wait until I get back to Austin.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Thanks for the offer Playperro, but it won't be necessary.

CS didn't have the crescent rolls, but they could get a case in a week ... don't need that many. After that, I decided to make a margarita cheesecake instead. All ingredients available. The other one will just have to wait until I get back to Austin.
I would like some crescent roll's, If my wife hadn't been banned from entering the Bodega, I just might be able to eat some. Guess I just gotta wait.

Kea

That recipe looks pretty close to the one I use. I liked the author's suggestion of making this for Cinco de Mayo or .... Trienta de Febrero! That would be a day to celebrate.