Crossing 4-27

J

Jamie75

Hit the border at 1:17pm and it took us over an hour and half to cross. Considering it was a pretty dead weekend, and there was no traffic between RP and Sonoyta we were shocked. I figured they were asking questions because of the swine flu...but nope! Just asked what we were bringing back...

Got to the border at noon...line started just outside of the canopy on the Mexico side...20 min wait.

What's the deal with Customs...its seams that they are intentionally going slow.

J

Jamie75

Gosh, an hour later we were all the way back on the downside of the hill by Wendy's.

I hit the border about 4:30pm and it took over 45 minutes....from about 100 yards on the other side of the Tourist booth....I had a BIG Indian agent....no personality....he let one of the vehicles in front of me wait almost 5 minutes before waving them up from the stop sign....(was starting to wonder if he was playing with himself or something inside the booth).....he hardly asked any questions, no screening for the flu like the news media has reported...and when I asked him a simple question, he didn't answer me, just gave me a flyer to read!!!!

This is really getting ridiculous....on a Monday after a "dead" weekend down there...even with the concert on the beach and the sand drags..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

J

Jamie75

I agree Joe...I would have understood if they were questioning people crossing but they weren't. I didn't even think twice about leaving at noon on a Monday...figured 20 minutes TOPS until I saw the line...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Terry C

I got there Monday around 10:30 AM or so and was 1/2 hour wait if that. I think the new tall black guy is kinda well you know... :eek: ugh lol

Sunday Sand drags were a blast tho
LMAO all in Spanish couldnt even figure out the times they ran.
One dragster was 3.9 seconds in 100 yards i did figure out.