Cruise Ships

garyd

Since I am "out of town and out of touch" I was wondering if there were any updates on the Cruise ship terminal, pier and etc?

El Gato

Someone mentioned that they noticed some engineers filtering into town. Being one of those cockeyed optimists I always have my hopes up :) When the Wrecked and RV park start moving that might be like the first Robin of Spring sign.

I know they were suppose to be announcing which cruise line(s) was going to use us as a Home Port but haven't heard a whisper since.

Hopefully someone knows more than I do - and that wouldn't take much at all. In the meantime it is beautiful and life just keeps going on.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
wrecked is already looking to relocate. I heard that they inquired about property between one of the sonoran properties and esmeralda. the cruise port will happen, just a matter of how long (will it be 2 years or 4 to complete).

Someone mentioned that they noticed some engineers filtering into town. Being one of those cockeyed optimists I always have my hopes up :) When the Wrecked and RV park start moving that might be like the first Robin of Spring sign.

I know they were suppose to be announcing which cruise line(s) was going to use us as a Home Port but haven't heard a whisper since.

Hopefully someone knows more than I do - and that wouldn't take much at all. In the meantime it is beautiful and life just keeps going on.

Last edited:
The cruise port may happen... But just because you build it... Doesn't mean they will come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mondone

Whitecaps
wrecked is already looking to relocate. I heard that they inquired about property between one of the sonoran properties and esmeralda. the cruise port will happen, just a matter of how long (will it be 2 years or 4 to complete).
No rush, that's how long it will take Carnival to get the TRIUMPH here anyway.

playaperro

El Pirata
If it's the beachfront property for sale (3.9 mil) kind of expensive for a bar. Who knows how long it will be for sale, maybe put up some small apartments in square foot for the 5 cruise lines workers coming to Penasco.

Pinky

I am excited for the homeport as a customer who likes to go on cruises and I think the economic gain for those who need employment will be great. That said, I can't figure out what everyone is so excited about to be living next door to the homeport. Let's say they build the homeport just as the plans indicate. This is a homeport, not a tourist port of call. Has anyone witnessed the traffic, noise and other unpleasant things that go with trying to maneuver 3,000 people off a ship and another 3,000 people onto that same ship in a six hour timeframe? I have cruised out of many home ports in the U.S. (Long Beach, Port Canaveral, Galveston, New Orleans and Miami). I would not want to live anywhere near these homeports just as I would not want to live next to an airport or a train station. I am not a real estate expert, but I don't see how this increased home values in any of these areas.

Kelney

I am excited for the homeport as a customer who likes to go on cruises and I think the economic gain for those who need employment will be great. That said, I can't figure out what everyone is so excited about to be living next door to the homeport. Let's say they build the homeport just as the plans indicate. This is a homeport, not a tourist port of call. Has anyone witnessed the traffic, noise and other unpleasant things that go with trying to maneuver 3,000 people off a ship and another 3,000 people onto that same ship in a six hour timeframe? I have cruised out of many home ports in the U.S. (Long Beach, Port Canaveral, Galveston, New Orleans and Miami). I would not want to live anywhere near these homeports just as I would not want to live next to an airport or a train station. I am not a real estate expert, but I don't see how this increased home values in any of these areas.
You really hit the nail on the head. The local business interests I believe only sees $. When paradise was being paved with condos they only saw $ as well. Now they mostly see condo skeletons. It will be the same with the port.

Kenny

Some of us at this stage of the game don't call all this so called progress anything but heartbreaking.

jerry

You really hit the nail on the head. The local business interests I believe only sees $. When paradise was being paved with condos they only saw $ as well. Now they mostly see condo skeletons. It will be the same with the port.
you guys need to head South where you betcha...you can see Baja Sur from your house and the only loud noise you hear is the rusted out muffler on the Santo Tomas guard truck...hate that thing
DSCF2485.jpg

jerry

Some of us at this stage of the game don't call all this so called progress anything but heartbreaking.
Kenny if the port was built 40 years ago you kids in Cholla Bay would be diving for coins thrown off the cruise ships

That's exactly one of the benefits - last minute cheap cruise deals will finally be within reach of those of us in AZ without spending money to fly or drive all day to the port

Kenny

Kenny if the port was built 40 years ago you kids in Cholla Bay would be diving for coins thrown off the cruise ships
I hate to say it but it was over 50 and trust me, my folks would have just kept on driving.

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
you guys need to head South where you betcha...you can see Baja Sur from your house and the only loud noise you hear is the rusted out muffler on the Santo Tomas guard truck...hate that thing
View attachment 5974

Jerry, fix that damn boat ramp or have a boat launching service in Santo Tomas and Ill never go to Rocky Point again!!! Ok maybe not ever again, I need my Guau Guaus fix every now and then!!

cin

User is currently banned
Right on, this is a pipe dream, IF a cruse ship were to bring a load of cruser's to PP and the cruser's saw that there was NOTHING to warrant the fee they paid for this "port of call", and demanded a refund, good luck with that, that would be the last time ANY cruse ship would even think of going to PP, and the result would be MORE bad press for PP, which = less people would come to PP, the "word" would spread like wild fire, hence more "condo skeletons" type of irrepairable damage done to PP,