CURRENT RED TIDE INFO

Has anyone found info on the current mollusk red tide warning. I only have a couple of days left to be here for the year and I want to go fishing but Edna is afraid of the fish eating. I have told her it is mollusks only but due to my recent health problems she will not fish until the alert is lifted.
I have to go back home to get a new knee on Mar 9

Hey Spinner...........

I wouldn't worry a bit about eating any fresh caught fish near PP. Especially if you haven't seen any evidence of Red Tide in the past few days. None of our local fish are natural bivalve eaters other than certain Rays and Shovel-Nosed Sharks.
Of course many of them will take a clam, scallop or oyster if you open it up for them. Good luck with your knew knee. A friend of mine just had his done and they made him walk on it within hours of the procedure. Let me know when yer back in PP as I will take you out to do some fish killin in my boat.

JJ

apricot

Good luck with your knee procedure. My husband just had his done last week. They are pretty aggressive as far as getting you up and going fairly quickly like JJ said. My husband woke up in the operating room while they were still working on him. They had given him a peripheral nerve block right into the knee and a spinal block so he did not feel any pain. They also gave him something to knock him out but I guess it was not that effective on him. He said it was pretty weird. He could hear them sawing and hammering on his knee. And they were playing Metallica really loud. When they were all done, he thanked everybody in the operating room. They all laughed because they did not know that he was awake. My husband talked with the surgeon the next day about his choice of music in the operating room. The surgeon said he likes to listen to vintage rock while doing knees and country western when doing shoulders. It's been 7 days since my husband's surgery and he doesn't use his walker anymore and is able to go up stairs pretty comfortably. He saw the PT today and was told he is way ahead of the game. He's having his other knee done in 3 to 6 months.