Dancing? Early 20 something's group

nashville73

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a few good bars for dancing? I'll be heading down your way in late June with a group of early 20-something year olds for the first time. We've gone vacationing to San Felipe in Baja California before and have found it difficult to find decent bars aimed at a younger-aged crowd there. We are hoping Puerto Penasco will have more exciting (yet safe) options. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
I must say that you've picked a interesting time to go, especially for your first time. You're pretty much on the cusp of the weather transition from hot to becoming brutal, it could go either way. There no doubt will be people ( your age group ), but not nearly as many as if you had planned this trip a month earlier. Wreck At the Reef would be a good place, for safety and entertainment purposes. If your staying at one of the resorts, ask the people there I'm sure they could point you the right way. A group of early 20's, sounds like you guys are the party.

Encanto

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a few good bars for dancing? I'll be heading down your way in late June with a group of early 20-something year olds for the first time. We've gone vacationing to San Felipe in Baja California before and have found it difficult to find decent bars aimed at a younger-aged crowd there. We are hoping Puerto Penasco will have more exciting (yet safe) options. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Wrecked at the Reef is always good; bands on Friday and Saturday.

Tekila Bar at the Fish Market has a band on Friday and Saturday - great bar.

Bandito's by the Condo's has live music most weekends. Another fun bar.

Chango's adjacent to Bandito's often has live music.

Have not been in a few years, but Elixir is a DJ Lounge Bar.

I could be missing a few ...............

Have Fun !!!

nashville73

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the tips. I've heard from a friend who used to live in AZ that things get crazy around there during spring break. I should have probably clarified that we are fans of R&B/ rap/ etc.

bringitbig

Well Known Member
We were just there a couple weeks ago. Boo Bar and Tekila were both going strong with a mixed age of people. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a spot that is only 20's something people. There's just too much age diversity there. But you will have a great time, like others have mentioned, it's gonna be getting hot. If you go around July 4th, it will be busy.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was July when the fishing boat capsized off San Felipe with the Asian group? We had some very strange weather that weekend!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Hello,

Late June weather is a crap shoot, the last July 4th weekends I've been, there 8 out of 10 times, it was pretty hot during the day and warm at night with higher humidity levels. But way better than Late July-mid Sept.
Flash back a few years ago at 8pm going into town it was 68 degrees and beautiful that weekend. If there is a breeze blowing it should be not too bad at night and most places have A/C.

Places to go are for 20 year olds are, check out the Mirador near the Pink Cadillac, see if any are still open that sell the $20 wrist bands on busy weekends for unlimited drinks.
Or any other bar's advertising that, That usually attracts the younger crowd. Check out the Rocky Point times website for ad's, RP360 and Facebook.

Boo Bar has a mix of age group, Banditios and the new Changos are mixed as well, seems like being close to the resorts brought out the cougar's LOL, last 2x there.
Just float through the bars at the fish market until you find the right mix of people for your dancing needs. R&B and Rap, Idk?, Salsa and top 40 seem's popular lately

Have Fun and be safe

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Well, you know... if you just walk down the Fish market in the evening you can pretty much dance in the streets. There will plenty of music very audible and I don't think one person would give 2 shits about you dancing walkn' down the road.
Sunday nights are the best, locals engulfing the board walk, one band or another playing. People dancing children playing and the wind lightly blowing.
My vote. Evenings outside on the streets of the Malicon.