Defrente Post, road to the border hmmmm

Estero

This was just posted on Defrente's facebook page. :mad:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Periodico-De-Frente/109703845771031

Banda de asaltantes operaria en carretera Puerto Peñasco – Sonoyta

Ha trascendido que una banda de asaltantes se encuentra realizando asaltos a vehículos que viajan sobre la carretera Puerto Peñasco – Sonoyta, despojándolos de todas sus pertenencias, tal como sucedió la mañana de ayer donde un grupo de personas que viajaban de regreso a Peñasco fue asaltada y despojadas de sus pertenencias y vehículo, incluyendo una batanga que contenía muebles y artículos de segunda comprados en Estados Unidos.

Se llama a toda la población que deba viajar sobre dicha carretera a que extreme precauciones y reporte a las autoridades cualquier sospecha de vehículos actuando de manera extraña.

Plant worker Raiders band roadside Puerto Penasco - Sonoyta has transcended to a band of robbers is conducting raids on vehicles travelling on the road to Puerto Penasco - Sonoyta, stripping them of their belongings, as happened the morning of yesterday where a group of people travelling back to Penasco was assaulted and stripped of their belongings and vehicle, including a batanga containing furniture and second items purchased in the United States.

Called the entire population who must travel on this road to extreme precautions and to report to the authorities any suspected car acting strangely.

jerry

Wait and see, we've heard this before through the years and it wasn't true.
Sort of sounds wrong...they robbed a truck load of junk when they could have waited and gotten a really nice red Jeep Cherokee? Maybevthe Green Angels need to mount a 50 on the back. El ángel de la muerte verde

Is this the same group of bandits that our parents warned us about as kids? Posing as police and pulling you over for "speeding", then robbing you of your belongings and any cash you may have.
How are you supposed to tell the diff between a real or fake police car in mexico while on the road to PP.

Last edited:

mis2810

It reads to me that a local carrying his stuff back from the US to sell in Mexico was robbed of his personal belongings and a trailer full of garage sale merchandise.
It doesn't sound like anything for Americans to be worried about.
I hope that's how it stays. That kind of thing worries me more than random cartel gunfire. There's nowhere to hide on that road and I drive alone sometimes.

Estero

Roberto wasn't one of your sig quotes "the safest road in Mexico is the one that has just been robbed" or something like that?

dmcauley

I hope that's how it stays. That kind of thing worries me more than random cartel gunfire. There's nowhere to hide on that road and I drive alone sometimes.
I hear ya'. Always make sure you drive down in the daylight hours and be aware. This could be a story and nothing else,n but who knows

jerry

Lots of kidnappers in the area lately....mine union guy killed last week near Caborca....lots of gangster stuff....if you are broke you are pretty safe