developers create a environmental disaster

Old55

Well Known Member

Guillermo Munro ColosioPuerto Penasco Fans and Community

Yesterday at 3:25 AM ·
=AZUhMdne_g9ef8ROCldk6MBVRla_T3T2mqwPtnx14Ds4p9hfxp88Q4vWMTyODgOZ0bURAH9k5zAKm24-NV7ga4GnOgOnSr5tUvE76i2oXNatVh9IBejkXj1HosQOBWuzN-vj581rwPPSBiy3t9qefTmO-8iUkC49gLcbHIFw-m_ARmpWFZ48WNatGcdrVYwcr6g&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-R#?ijg']I dont have a name for this and i have nobody that this is against. On the contrary this is for nature and only nature. Everybody knoes playa encanto and estero morua at the end of las conchas. Well that part of ecosistem used to gonall the way and end up by the mayan Palace. When tides are extremely high everything goes green and flourishes en the middle od these estuaries a river (a seasonal river called Rio Sonoyta would connect with these areas and create more flooding (for millions of years) this created a river basin or cuenca acuifera. If you live here you remember about 4 to 5 years the storms we had where all of playa encanto was flooded and the road to caborca and to mayan palaca was not transitable. Guests could not go in or out of Mayan palace playa encanto and all that area. To nature this was something that happens every once ina while. And while the Sonoyta river was not present all the time. Welm it was a river that would come and go with water. That kept the side of the roads in certain areas full of trees and vegetation (that dont exist anymore). Miracously after that storm no water has come through that area anymore and all the vegetation is dead. All the middle
Part of the estuary marshes or marismas are and have been dried up for the last 4 years. Construction is being made on top of what was the estuary and the marismas which by federal law is punichable. It turns out that somebody with a lot of power and machinery build a wall so no water could come through from the river. This killed hundred or thousand of hectareas of specialized vegetation thst only grows there. Now taking advantage of this miracle are developers and resl estate agents trying to cash on this. Who wouldn’t right? If cash is what you live for. All that beautiful area is changing fast. Very fast. You decide who you support and what you buy. But as a local Inwill ine day tell my children. This road was greener. There was a tiver than was seasonal and here wher eyou see al these condominiums was a tidepool and estuary it was besutiful. Of course chances are that as a local Ineould not be alliwed to
Come inthe area for sure. But just so you know. There is sn ecocide happening fromplaya encanto the area of the tidepools not the island. All the way down to Mayan Palace. But you think the government will say anything to the comoany that donated thousands of hectares to build the biggest solar plant in Mexico? No. Dream on. Its essier to desapoear me. Than to whish that nothing happen ina beautiful sanctuary that once was. If you enjoy marshes go ans see whats left and enjoy it wjile there are still some left.
I am nobody just somebody that love nature and animals. I make mynlife doing murals and paintings. I know this will piss of many people in power and will probably be euded out of future projects. I wrote to encantame towers but nobody answered. I have written to government officials and nothing has happened or responded. So this is just me crying out for help. For those who do not have a voice. For the animals and plants that will no longer be. For the time I will never have with my daughter in those marshes. For the locals that are tu busy and do not know this is happening. And for those investors that they know what they own. And what they took from all of us who live here. Thanks google earth.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member

Guillermo Munro ColosioPuerto Penasco Fans and Community

Yesterday at 3:25 AM ·
=AZUhMdne_g9ef8ROCldk6MBVRla_T3T2mqwPtnx14Ds4p9hfxp88Q4vWMTyODgOZ0bURAH9k5zAKm24-NV7ga4GnOgOnSr5tUvE76i2oXNatVh9IBejkXj1HosQOBWuzN-vj581rwPPSBiy3t9qefTmO-8iUkC49gLcbHIFw-m_ARmpWFZ48WNatGcdrVYwcr6g&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-R#?ijg']=AZUhMdne_g9ef8ROCldk6MBVRla_T3T2mqwPtnx14Ds4p9hfxp88Q4vWMTyODgOZ0bURAH9k5zAKm24-NV7ga4GnOgOnSr5tUvE76i2oXNatVh9IBejkXj1HosQOBWuzN-vj581rwPPSBiy3t9qefTmO-8iUkC49gLcbHIFw-m_ARmpWFZ48WNatGcdrVYwcr6g&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-R#?ijg']I dont have a name for this and i have nobody that this is against. On the contrary this is for nature and only nature. Everybody knoes playa encanto and estero morua at the end of las conchas. Well that part of ecosistem used to gonall the way and end up by the mayan Palace. When tides are extremely high everything goes green and flourishes en the middle od these estuaries a river (a seasonal river called Rio Sonoyta would connect with these areas and create more flooding (for millions of years) this created a river basin or cuenca acuifera. If you live here you remember about 4 to 5 years the storms we had where all of playa encanto was flooded and the road to caborca and to mayan palaca was not transitable. Guests could not go in or out of Mayan palace playa encanto and all that area. To nature this was something that happens every once ina while. And while the Sonoyta river was not present all the time. Welm it was a river that would come and go with water. That kept the side of the roads in certain areas full of trees and vegetation (that dont exist anymore). Miracously after that storm no water has come through that area anymore and all the vegetation is dead. All the middle
=AZUhMdne_g9ef8ROCldk6MBVRla_T3T2mqwPtnx14Ds4p9hfxp88Q4vWMTyODgOZ0bURAH9k5zAKm24-NV7ga4GnOgOnSr5tUvE76i2oXNatVh9IBejkXj1HosQOBWuzN-vj581rwPPSBiy3t9qefTmO-8iUkC49gLcbHIFw-m_ARmpWFZ48WNatGcdrVYwcr6g&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-R#?ijg']Part of the estuary marshes or marismas are and have been dried up for the last 4 years. Construction is being made on top of what was the estuary and the marismas which by federal law is punichable. It turns out that somebody with a lot of power and machinery build a wall so no water could come through from the river. This killed hundred or thousand of hectareas of specialized vegetation thst only grows there. Now taking advantage of this miracle are developers and resl estate agents trying to cash on this. Who wouldn’t right? If cash is what you live for. All that beautiful area is changing fast. Very fast. You decide who you support and what you buy. But as a local Inwill ine day tell my children. This road was greener. There was a tiver than was seasonal and here wher eyou see al these condominiums was a tidepool and estuary it was besutiful. Of course chances are that as a local Ineould not be alliwed to
=AZUhMdne_g9ef8ROCldk6MBVRla_T3T2mqwPtnx14Ds4p9hfxp88Q4vWMTyODgOZ0bURAH9k5zAKm24-NV7ga4GnOgOnSr5tUvE76i2oXNatVh9IBejkXj1HosQOBWuzN-vj581rwPPSBiy3t9qefTmO-8iUkC49gLcbHIFw-m_ARmpWFZ48WNatGcdrVYwcr6g&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-R#?ijg']Come inthe area for sure. But just so you know. There is sn ecocide happening fromplaya encanto the area of the tidepools not the island. All the way down to Mayan Palace. But you think the government will say anything to the comoany that donated thousands of hectares to build the biggest solar plant in Mexico? No. Dream on. Its essier to desapoear me. Than to whish that nothing happen ina beautiful sanctuary that once was. If you enjoy marshes go ans see whats left and enjoy it wjile there are still some left.
=AZUhMdne_g9ef8ROCldk6MBVRla_T3T2mqwPtnx14Ds4p9hfxp88Q4vWMTyODgOZ0bURAH9k5zAKm24-NV7ga4GnOgOnSr5tUvE76i2oXNatVh9IBejkXj1HosQOBWuzN-vj581rwPPSBiy3t9qefTmO-8iUkC49gLcbHIFw-m_ARmpWFZ48WNatGcdrVYwcr6g&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-R#?ijg']I am nobody just somebody that love nature and animals. I make mynlife doing murals and paintings. I know this will piss of many people in power and will probably be euded out of future projects. I wrote to encantame towers but nobody answered. I have written to government officials and nothing has happened or responded. So this is just me crying out for help. For those who do not have a voice. For the animals and plants that will no longer be. For the time I will never have with my daughter in those marshes. For the locals that are tu busy and do not know this is happening. And for those investors that they know what they own. And what they took from all of us who live here. Thanks google earth.

So Jerry,

The reason I clicked on the LIKE button was because this is so freaking funny. Does this person have a name? I didn't know that there was a translator app from Klingon to English.

JJ

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
We have Culligans largest RO system on our property. My vodka a los rocas is always crystal clear and has been for muchos anyos!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Back to the carnage of the Sonora inter tidal wetlands as the Klingon rants about above..............

Last weekend we made a trip down Los Conchas way to CEDO to check what's new at their book shop. Of course they were just closing but taking care of a small female Olive Ridley Sea Turtle in a water filled steel stock tank...................but that's another story.

So after giving up on that plan we went on down to the tip of the strand to pitch some bucktails into the outgoing waters of the super low tide. No action with that so we drove the damp high tide line around along the big dunes that face the oyster farms across the estuary and what a shocker did we observe there. From the last big dune then around the shore of the estuary on northwards is or was a really fine example of a Sonoran Desert inter tidal marsh that has been left mostly untouched other than one small oyster farming operation on that side of the estuary. NOT ANYMORE!

The larger high powered buggy people have discovered it. There were fifteen or so of those vehicles and maybe fifty people on the shore conducting a "mud bog" spectacle. They were racing across and into the still draining marsh slinging rooster tails of mud and digging trenches a foot or more deep. The Salt Grass and Pickle Weed was trampled flat and whatever habitat that the Fiddler Crabs, Ghost Shrimp, Sonora Gobies and juvenile Blue Crabs had for the past many thousands of years is now gone forever.

And no they were not rich, dirty, stupid Gringos. Every vehicle and the crowd cheering were local PP people, need I say more?

The last time that we saw that exact form of rampant fucking destructive stupidity was the Caborca jerks doing the same thing on the unique salt marsh at Puerto Lobos a few years back. The police finally got wind of it and stopped it but only after that marsh had been destroyed forever.

Oh well.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Hope the Mayor(s) are happy. Greedy bastards

what you described is a complete byproduct of them bulldozing the guard gate/security entrance to Las Conchas.

The Las Conchas HOA had a security check to the point that if you were a visitor (locals) or renter in LC, you could not bring a recreational vehicle, ATV, razor, etc into LC. They would turn you around if you did not have a sticker on your ATV type vehicles identifying you as a homeowner.

Once the mayor tried to extort the HOA for something like $250,000 to keep the guard gate, and the HOA fought back, the mayor came in and bulldozed the guard gate , leaving the entrance to LC wide open to whoever wanted to drive in and tear up LC and everything that was the pristine estuary.

And it’s hard to explain this as an American, because it is their land, but the Mexicans are the ones who come out and camp in droves and leave Bud Light cans and diapers and shit all over the place and tear up the dunes, tear up the bird nests, tear up the wetlands, they are destroying their entire land.

So now that I think about it, I don’t feel so bad ragging on them, because it is pitiful, and so sad how ignorant they are and the mayor of the city should do something about this. Not sure what they can do, not sure that they care, but it is really sad how in a short 3 to 5 year stretch the estuary and wetlands have been obliterated.

it used to be that you could go out there and fish and there might be a couple trucks that cruise around and a couple families who stop and pitch a camp and fish. Now, often times when I pull up on the top of the dune next to Tessoro, I overlook the absolute insanity and chaos out over the estuary and I just turn around and go back to the house.
What once was a placid and peaceful estuary is now a race track and garbage dump

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
The new buggy rentals across from the Pemex station on the circle says it all.

Those vehicles have only one place to go to engage in their ultimate jack-ass-ary.....................the dunes along Los Conchas.

It's all about the infantile look-at-me mentality of excessive noise as in no mufflers, insanely loud "music" and the idiots love of flashing colored lights on ten foot poles.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
We visit the estuary all the time by way of UTV. Go directly to our spot pull out lawn chairs and spend a few hours or watching the sunset. Sundays you can hear and see the Mexicans all heading to the estuary in their Can Ams or what ever off road vehicle they have created. Someone was nice enough to tie a big blue garbage pail to the Palm tree up on the top of hill next to the old house foundation. Think it lasted a few weeks and it was stolen. Always picking up beer cans and Canadian Club whiskey bottles, did realize Mexicans had a taste for Canadian Whiskey. It’s unfortunate that they have a rape and pillage attitude towards their own land. By the time they realize what they have done to their own land I will be dead and gone. So sad

richwi

Well Known Member
I live in Playa Encanto and am setting right now looking at the estuary. I love sitting on my porch watching wild life as well as watching people at work at the oyster farm across the water. What I see isn’t speculation or assumption, it is what I have personally observed

There are definite man made changes to the estuary, most of which is at the east side or very end of the estuary. However, the vast majority of the estuary and the estuary shore has not been directly effected by development. I do not have much understanding of the indirect environmental effects due to development near, but not encroaching on the actual estuary itself.
I do periodically see razors etc running all out on the far shoreline and that’s not good, but for the most part all I see is oyster farmers, a huge variety of birds, coyotes, rabbits and other small animals.

joanC

Well Known Member
It seems the tourists who post on this site don't know the previous mayor, Kiko Munro, is married to Linda Pivac, the sister of the present mayor, Jorge Pivac.