DIF Sponsored Cancer Walk!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
October 31st, DIF will be sponsoring a group "luminary walk" the purpose of which is to raise funds for a local (Rocky Point) cancer hospice. You can purchase a luminary and have the name of a loved one placed on it.

For more information contact:

Dr. Armida Gonzalez
Telephone #: 3837571

I plan to purchase several for my friends and loved ones; the ones still here and the ones who have already gone. It would be great to have a local hospice where families did not have to leave each other during these times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Rosie posted an article this week in rockypointnewsonline.com.
Check it out for more details and contact information.
San Peregrino, Breast Cancer Support in Puerto Penasco.
We all know someone...don't we....

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
The luminary walk will be held on the 31st. of Oct.. It will start at Our Lady of Guadalupe Temple on Simon Morua at 4PM and continue on to Benito Juarez Blvd. to the Malecon Fundadores where the luminaries will be placed on the esplanade. There will be a mass at 3PM for the blessing prior to the walk for those who wish to participate, and gospel singing in the walk with music. At the malecon the walkers will be greeted by a mariachi band and following the lighting, Father Noriega will hold a Universal prayer for all the victims of cancer and for us all. Luminaries can have the name of your loved one. The cost for each luminary is $50. pesos. Tee shirts cost $100. pesos and are now for sale. The final goal for this group is to constuct a fully equipped hospice for the terminally ill in Rock Point. For further information and to buy luminaries or tee-shirts please call Mariadela Arocha @ 638-113-6756 or 638-104-5379. From the U.S. call between 10AM and 5PM @ 602-324-3545 .

Do you know how long the walk will take? Our party starts at 6:00 PM, but I would love to participate, (lost my dad to cancer) DIF is a great cause. We try to help them out, when we can.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Do you know how long the walk will take? Our party starts at 6:00 PM, but I would love to participate, (lost my dad to cancer) DIF is a great cause. We try to help them out, when we can.
I'm so sorry about your dad. Cancer is everywhere in our lives. I don't know, but I will find out for you.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, I hope they don't conflict. I would love to do both! I lost my favorite aunt to cancer when she was only 48. She had cancer 11 times. She had everything out until the cancer came back in the scar tissue. It came back the last time with a vengeance. It was so ugly....She fought so hard.....I hate cancer.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
This is what she tells me:

"The walk and the moment of prayer at the Malecon. The walk starts at four so to reach the Malecon should be an hour that leads us to approx. 5 ish. The sun sets at 6:04PM and that is when the candles are lit and a moment of prayer follows, so by 7:pm everything should be over."

Seems like you can go for the walk and still be somewhere by 6? Might miss the candles being lit, but for a good reason!

This is what she tells me:

"The walk and the moment of prayer at the Malecon. The walk starts at four so to reach the Malecon should be an hour that leads us to approx. 5 ish. The sun sets at 6:04PM and that is when the candles are lit and a moment of prayer follows, so by 7:pm everything should be over."

Seems like you can go for the walk and still be somewhere by 6? Might miss the candles being lit, but for a good reason!
Thanks for the info...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Mark,
Your party starts at 6? If I am a half hour late that will be ok? I still will have candy and school supplies. Do you want the candy before? I can bring it during the day. Let me know......
Chari

Chari of course that will be OK... this is Mexico everything is late... you can bring the candy with you... I think the Dentist in Rocky Point will love us after this party...