Directv Question

Rhino

I have a Directv account in Arizona and just had one of my old boxes which still works replaced with a new one. Since they didn't want the old one back, I still have it and card. Question...can I take the old one to RP and use it there or will Directv detect that and give me grief? If so, any suggestions would be appreciated. I already have a dish installed in RP and have been taking a receiver down which gets to be a bit of a hassle. Thanks!

jerry

You can use it,,they look at it as if it were on an rv...thats your story and your sticking too it.
I have a Directv account in Arizona and just had one of my old boxes which still works replaced with a new one. Since they didn't want the old one back, I still have it and card. Question...can I take the old one to RP and use it there or will Directv detect that and give me grief? If so, any suggestions would be appreciated. I already have a dish installed in RP and have been taking a receiver down which gets to be a bit of a hassle. Thanks!

Rhino

Thanks Jerry; that's great to know. Do I have to pay another receiver charge since the one I would be using was replaced by the new unit? In other words, will they know that I went from 3 receivers to 4 receivers for example.

jerry

I don't think they care.They gave me an extra a few months ago..no charge..more recievers more pay movies bought is the thinking I'd guess..I'm going to set mine up this time as i just got a extra dish

Thanks Jerry; that's great to know. Do I have to pay another receiver charge since the one I would be using was replaced by the new unit? In other words, will they know that I went from 3 receivers to 4 receivers for example.
Rhino...if the receiver you took to Penasco was replaced by another, then you will have to re-activate the old one.....both Directv and Dish send out activation signals every so often (monthly???) and that card will essentially go dead if it isn't reactivated. It will only be $5 more per month. I used to keep mine in Penasco powered up to get the activation, but whenver there was a power blip down there, the receiver went completely off and didn't get the signal...and I had to call Directv to reactivate the receiver.