DISH Network coverage in Rocky Point

IggyAZ

I live in Phoenix and use DISH network satellite at home.

Question
Can anyone verify that if I bring my SAT dish and receiver will I still be in the Phoenix area coverage?
I want to be able to view my local Phoenix channels and was told RP is still in the Phoenix coverage area?

Thanks

GV Jack

Snorin God
I live in Phoenix and use DISH network satellite at home.

Question
Can anyone verify that if I bring my SAT dish and receiver will I still be in the Phoenix area coverage?
I want to be able to view my local Phoenix channels and was told RP is still in the Phoenix coverage area?

Thanks
Don't know about Dish but our Directv connects to the Phoenix stations so I gotta believe Dish will too.

Terry C

You will get the same channels you have at home. Just don't tell dish you have it there if you need help setting it up from them. <ZAP>

Roberto

You will get the same channels you have at home. Just don't tell dish you have it there if you need help setting it up from them. <ZAP>
That's the way I understand it too. There is no way they can tell where you actually have the receiver, programming is based on the home address you give them. I think in fact is is technically illegal to have them in Mexico to protect the Mexican Sky probably but there is no enforcement.

Kea

We travel with our Dish receiver. When we are away from Austin, we lose the local channels. I'm not sure how far away you have to be before you lose them, but I know we can't get them in Mississippi or in Peñasco. Haven't tried very many places because we only recently started getting local stations at all.

ddez

We take our DISH receiver down to our trailer Have had no problem get our PHX local stations

IggyAZ

Thanks all for the information. I have a travelling Dish and Dish Network know it. As far as I can tell if you stay within your home spot which circles your general area. Saty in that circle you will get local channels.
Here is a map that shows the Satellite spot for Phoenix. It is the BLUE circle. The one from Phoenix goes all the way south to the water.
I have a portable dish I setup for SAT 110 and 119. NO HD but able to get 720dpi
Good enough for my trips to RP.

Attachments

Last edited: