Dog Dental Vet

marybna

Took Dave Dog to the vet today. They told me he needs a $700 dental cleaning. He is 8. They showed me his tarter build up. Now Jack and I go the dentist in Mexico. I am coming down Sunday and I could bring the estimate. I need the name of good vets. Has anyone ever had dog dental work done in Penasco?

My vet in the USA wants $420, and that is with their discount. Did it one time never again, because I was expecting it to cost $250 max.

Pet Clinic San Lazaro on Sonora about 1.5 miles east of the main blvd. (turn left at Pollo Lucas location) On the right side of the road about 1 block before the light.

My 70lb dog had teeth cleaning in December and it cost $120 dollars.

Dr. Fernando Rincon Balderrama is the main Vet there and speaks english,
not perfect but well enough to have a good conservation. The girls at the front desk speak very little english.
I use this vet for most of my Vet stuff, they are usually 1/3 of what my vet here charges.

Esperanza

there is another post for Dr. Choy Choy here on the forum. I used the vet above, but won't go back. I personally did not have a good experience having my dog's teeth cleaned there. I will try Dr Choy Choy this next time.

Roberto

Regular use of natural bones usually takes care of the plaque problem. Choy Choy is the best choice. He takes good care of Dee's really sick street dogs that she picks up. He's on Guillermo Prieto between Blvd. Sonora and Melchor Ocampo about 4 blocks off Benito Juarez. Call 011-52-638-383-2338 from the US.

Kenny

Regular use of natural bones usually takes care of the plaque problem. Choy Choy is the best choice. He takes good care of Dee's really sick street dogs that she picks up. He's on Guillermo Prieto between Blvd. Sonora and Melchor Ocampo about 4 blocks off Benito Juarez. Call 011-52-638-383-2338 from the US.
Dry food makes a huge difference in the health of the teeth in both dogs and cats. You're not during your pet friend any favorers by feeding him soft mushy food.

marybna

Yes He gave me pills to give Dave 7 days in advance. He told us until he sees the teeth he can't tell me the exact cost. It was so hot we did not bring Dave this time.

marybna

Yes, he said he had to see the teeth before he gave me a price. But he did give me the antibiotics that he needs to take for 7 days. Because of the heat we left Dave at home this trip. He will do the blood work before.

marybna

Dave Dog went to Dr. Choychoy yesterday. He had an appt and had taken antibiotics for 8 days. He examined his mouth and told use $145. We left him for about 5 hrs. He was awake when we came back. Gave us more antibiotics and we were done. Thank you for the recommendation.

CJ*

I have a 12 yo Rat Terrier with gross teeth. Vet at home wanted $826 to clean and possibly pull up to 2 teeth. Took her to Chochoy in town and he did it all for $85. Since that time, I had him clean her teeth again when he ran an ad in Rocky Pt times for 20% off teeth cleaning. This time it was $80. Not sure how that worked, but I am still way ahead of the game in AZ. I am slowly moving all my dogs' care to Chochoy as they come up needing shots. (I have 3 of them which is 1 too many). Got a Rabies and 7-way for my Queensland from Chochoy 2 weeks ago for $30. Would have been a $300 bill in AZ. I am thinking Chochoy runs about 10% of my vet in AZ. Chochoy will make you up a nice Doggie Vaccination Record so you can show it to the criminals at the border that all of the sudden see profit in asking for Rabies Documents. I always have em, but friends have not and had to pay up to $200 per dog for not having the paperwork. Make it easy on yourself and take photocopies of your dogs records with a copy of your drivers license on it. Otherwise they can waste your time taking your DL and making their own copies. Then, ridiculously, they photograph each dog in the car. The last 5 out of 6 trips down, this has happened to me. Even with the PASE, they see ears and wave ya down for dog papers. I have a stack of photo copies now to speed the process up.

I have a 12 yo Rat Terrier with gross teeth. Vet at home wanted $826 to clean and possibly pull up to 2 teeth. Took her to Chochoy in town and he did it all for $85. Since that time, I had him clean her teeth again when he ran an ad in Rocky Pt times for 20% off teeth cleaning. This time it was $80. Not sure how that worked, but I am still way ahead of the game in AZ. I am slowly moving all my dogs' care to Chochoy as they come up needing shots. (I have 3 of them which is 1 too many). Got a Rabies and 7-way for my Queensland from Chochoy 2 weeks ago for $30. Would have been a $300 bill in AZ. I am thinking Chochoy runs about 10% of my vet in AZ. Chochoy will make you up a nice Doggie Vaccination Record so you can show it to the criminals at the border that all of the sudden see profit in asking for Rabies Documents. I always have em, but friends have not and had to pay up to $200 per dog for not having the paperwork. Make it easy on yourself and take photocopies of your dogs records with a copy of your drivers license on it. Otherwise they can waste your time taking your DL and making their own copies. Then, ridiculously, they photograph each dog in the car. The last 5 out of 6 trips down, this has happened to me. Even with the PASE, they see ears and wave ya down for dog papers. I have a stack of photo copies now to speed the process up.
How long must you withhold food for your rat terrier before her cleaning? I have a 4# tiny toy poodle and am worried about her not being able to eat the day before the cleaning.

CJ*

Dr. Chochoy said no food or water after 8 pm. He put her on some antibiotics for a few days before and continued for a few days after.

Dr. Chochoy said no food or water after 8 pm. He put her on some antibiotics for a few days before and continued for a few days after.
I was in Penasco last week and took Gidget to Dr. Chochoy. He gave me antibiotics for the week and her cleaning appointment is Thursday at 9am. He told me no food Wednesday and no water after 3pm Wednesday. - which really means no food from tonight (Tuesday night) until her Thurs AM appointment. Gidget is 7 and has a built-in clock for meals and reminds me if I'm a few minutes late. I don't know how we'll get through tomorrow. If I had taken her in alone, I'd think I misunderstood - but hubby was with me. I don't know if maybe it's because of her weight (4#) or her age (7 years), but I've not heard of withholding food for that long prior to a procedure. When she was spayed, it was only from 8pm the night before (different doctor). I'm going crazy worrying.