Dolphin swimming near Pelican Point

James... next time you're down here and you want to see dolphin let me know... because we had to call in ahead of time and put in an order to have them swim by... I'll give ya the number...

Terry C

Another great weekend in Playa Encanto. We seen some Dolphin too. Lots of things started but nothing finished. I will be back to finish up the start up or maybe just watch the SEA and see what I can see. The signature say's it all.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
they were back today! saw them from Mirador beach, lots of them fighting with the birds for the fish, awesome!!!!

they were back today! saw them from Mirador beach, lots of them fighting with the birds for the fish, awesome!!!!
Yes Inks... Chuck and GV Jack both said they saw a pod of dolphin swimming and playing along Las Conchas and Playa Miramar... and it was at different times of day... I do recall they would head toward Cholla Bay and beyond in the morning and head back toward Las Conchas in the afternoon and evening...

Landshark

We saw dolphins last Sunday & Monday in Playa Encanto. On Sunday they put on quite a show. They were hanging out in front of the house for a good 20 minutes, swimming in circles, and jumping high in the air. I assume they were feeding on a school of fish. There were 2 full sized, and two small dolphins, with the youngsters doing the jumping. And if that wasn't enough, suddenly one of the youngsters swam to the face of a larger wave and rode it like a body surfer into very shallow water. At the last second he turned and swam to deeper water and jumped high in the air. I couldn't believe my eyes! Where was the video camera when you need it?!!

Landshark

About 10 years ago we were in Encanto with my 2 daughters, ages 10 & 12 at the time, and the dolphins came by. The girls were swimming with 2 other girls about the same age and saw them from the water. My older daughter swam towards the dolphins and instead of scaring them off, a smaller dolphin swam up to her, raised it's head out of the water, and looked her in the eye. She was terrified, but still reached out and touched the top of it's head! The dolphin spun and swam off, probably terrified as well, and my daughter swam and ran to shore screaming. Don't know who was scared more, the dolphin, the daughter, or me as I explained these were wild animals and needed to be treated as such. To this day she has an obsession with dolphins and hopes to be able to work with them someday.