Dont,t bring dirt or food into into Mexico

AZ ROB

It is expensive about $20 per bag not sure on the size but I would guess 2 lbs min . You can buy it ground or whole bean. It is some of the best coffe I have had and I only have a few cups a month so I am real picky about coffe

tortuga

Crossed today with truck and 5th wheel. 5th wheel got a cursory search on both sides of the border, on the Mex side after getting green light. No questions on either side.

I think it is a wonderful idea for people to discover more about Puerto Penasco by shopping in the local stores. HOWEVER, there are some of us with very restricted diets that eat only organic food and other items that are not available in Penasco. Being adventureous and trying new things is NOT what we can do. For those of us with such a situation, finding a plausible solution is a bit of a challenge. I am currently investigating what legal way I can meet my dietary needs. And please do not tell me that I need to be willing to alter things. I do not eat red meat, pork, corn, wheat, gluten products, potatoes, oatmeal or sugar. There are other people who have restricted diets as well that will have a bit of a challenge if they must rely on the local markets for their nutritional needs. I am just asking for a little recognition that some of us cannot do what the majority can. And by the way, I am active in the the local community and am usually the sole caucasian at different local events. Did any of you attend the book fair some months back in the Shrimp park? How about the awards ceremony or actually , any ceremony at C.E.D.O.? When was the last time you visited the library in town? Visiting a foreign country is a wonderful experience. It is also a great idea to have others you can depend on to help you when you might need it. This requires others to be open minded and accepting of situations different from their own. My language ability in Spanish has been such a wonderful thing that I benefit from daily. I hope that people from the US can continue to visit Penasco and have their lives enhanced.

dwig222

I'm sure there are people in Penasco that have the same dietary needs as you. I don't know exactly what you do eat, but I'm positive that you can find something in the grocery stores that's on your list. You can't expect a country to change the law to accommodate you.

jerry

Not about food but worth seeing"''
VEHICLE IMPORTATION UPDATES, from Adolfo Salido, Sonora Tourism, 09/09/2011

IF YOU ARE DRIVING A MOTORHOME AND TOWING A SMALL CAR OR PICK UP WITH IT, THIS IS THE WAY IT WORKS:

• THE MOTORHOME GETS AN ALL MEXICO PERMIT FOR TEN YEARS WITH A COST OF $49.95 USD. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY ADDITIONAL DEPOSIT WITH IT.

• THE VEHICLE BEING TOWED -- AS LONG IT STAYS IN THE ONLY SONORA AREA -- DOES NOT NEED A PERMIT TO COME INTO MEXICO, UNLESS IT GOES BEYOND KILOMETER 98 SOUTH OF EMPALME.

• THE SAME THING HAPPENS WITH A HOUSETRAILER THAT IS BEING TOWED (HITCH OR FIFTH WHEEL SYSTEM ). THE HOUSETRAILER GETS AN ALL MEXICO TEN-YEAR PERMIT for $49.95, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL DEPOSIT, AND THE TOWING VEHICLE DOES NOT NEED A PERMIT UNLESS IT GOES BEYOND KILOMETER 98 SOUTH OF EMPALME.

WHEN YOU BRING MOTORCYCLES, JET SKI, OR A SMALL TRAILER FOR CARRYING THINGS, YOU WILL HAVE TO GET A PERMIT, UP TO SIX MONTHS, FOR BOTH THE TOWED ITEM(S) AND THE TOWING VEHICLE.

VERY UNOFFICIALLY LET ME COMMENT:
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT SOME PEOPLE 'FORGET' THAT THE MOTORCYCLES, JET SKIS, AND TRAILER FOR LOADING STUFF WERE ALLOWED TO BE TAKEN INTO MEXICO AND THEN LEAVE THEM IN MEXICO AND LET OTHER PEOPLE BUY, USE, OR KEEP THEM. TIS IS NOT PERMISSABLE!

ADOLFO B. SALIDO
01 800 716 25 55
FROM U.S.A. 1 800 4SONORA
Celular 662 / 173 08 25
Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico

jerry

Allowed:
Smoking tobacco
Leather products, except for endangered species like wild lamb, jaguar, black bear, etc.
Honey
Dogs and cats (a maximum of two per traveler) with health certificates and rabies vaccine records. Visit our "Traveling with Pets in Mexico" guide for more information.
Roasted coffee, dried prunes, packaged spices, dried herbs, preserved fruits and vegetables cooked or dried mushrooms and dried truffles.
Dry cooked, packed and bottled foods
From the USA and Canada: refrigerated, frozen, vacuum packed, pork and processed vacuum packed pate, milk and cheese. All must be in the original package and properly labeled.

jerry

Allowed:
Smoking tobacco
Leather products, except for endangered species like wild lamb, jaguar, black bear, etc.
Honey
Dogs and cats (a maximum of two per traveler) with health certificates and rabies vaccine records. Visit our "Traveling with Pets in Mexico" guide for more information.
Roasted coffee, dried prunes, packaged spices, dried herbs, preserved fruits and vegetables cooked or dried mushrooms and dried truffles.
Dry cooked, packed and bottled foods
From the USA and Canada: refrigerated, frozen, vacuum packed, pork and processed vacuum packed pate, milk and cheese. All must be in the original package and properly labeled.
Regulated Imports - there are special requirements for these products

Poultry and poultry products
Wild plants and hunt trophies
Rabbits, ferrets, hamsters, etc.
Hide
Seeds, seedlings, fresh plant parts, etc.
Plants, fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, raw cereals, etc.
Dairy products
Bees and bees' products (except honey)
Fresh, dried, canned, smoked or frozen meat and meat products from quarantined countries
Flours like corn meal, etc.
Veterinary medications and biological products
Agricultural chemicals and raw materials
Prohibited Imports

Soil
Bales of hay, natural straw or any straw decoration
Homemade food items
Meal of bone or meat

Roberto

Not about food but worth seeing"''
VEHICLE IMPORTATION UPDATES, from Adolfo Salido, Sonora Tourism, 09/09/2011

IF YOU ARE DRIVING A MOTORHOME AND TOWING A SMALL CAR OR PICK UP WITH IT, THIS IS THE WAY IT WORKS:

• THE MOTORHOME GETS AN ALL MEXICO PERMIT FOR TEN YEARS WITH A COST OF $49.95 USD. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY ADDITIONAL DEPOSIT WITH IT.

• THE VEHICLE BEING TOWED -- AS LONG IT STAYS IN THE ONLY SONORA AREA -- DOES NOT NEED A PERMIT TO COME INTO MEXICO, UNLESS IT GOES BEYOND KILOMETER 98 SOUTH OF EMPALME.

• THE SAME THING HAPPENS WITH A HOUSETRAILER THAT IS BEING TOWED (HITCH OR FIFTH WHEEL SYSTEM ). THE HOUSETRAILER GETS AN ALL MEXICO TEN-YEAR PERMIT for $49.95, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL DEPOSIT, AND THE TOWING VEHICLE DOES NOT NEED A PERMIT UNLESS IT GOES BEYOND KILOMETER 98 SOUTH OF EMPALME.

WHEN YOU BRING MOTORCYCLES, JET SKI, OR A SMALL TRAILER FOR CARRYING THINGS, YOU WILL HAVE TO GET A PERMIT, UP TO SIX MONTHS, FOR BOTH THE TOWED ITEM(S) AND THE TOWING VEHICLE.

VERY UNOFFICIALLY LET ME COMMENT:
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT SOME PEOPLE 'FORGET' THAT THE MOTORCYCLES, JET SKIS, AND TRAILER FOR LOADING STUFF WERE ALLOWED TO BE TAKEN INTO MEXICO AND THEN LEAVE THEM IN MEXICO AND LET OTHER PEOPLE BUY, USE, OR KEEP THEM. TIS IS NOT PERMISSABLE!

ADOLFO B. SALIDO
01 800 716 25 55
FROM U.S.A. 1 800 4SONORA
Celular 662 / 173 08 25
Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Does all that permitting stuff apply to the Free Zone? Seems like there are 3 levels of vehicle permits: 1. Free Zone, no permits required 2. Sonora Only for west of Highway 15 and 3. South of Empalme and East of Highway 15, regular vehicle permits good for all of Mexico required.

Jerry, does all that stuff about towables, jet skis, small trailer and Motor homes apply in Penasco?

mel150

Hey, everyone, you can buy food here! The best beef anywhere (but beef here and cook it as corned beef). They're selling smoked turkeys at the Super Ley (although you can bring 3 turkeys in per vehicle), and of course there's shrimp, shrimp, shrimp! You won't go hungry!

GV Jack

Snorin God
Hi Mel,

FYI. Your comment about the beef. I bought six Rib Eyes at the meat market on Bravo and grilled them.

They were wonderful. No need to over cook them unless you like pot roast.

I'll be there next week and intend to do it again.

joester

2 salty dawgs
ok - are we going to have to give up our bread, eggs, cheese, avocados, tomatoes, etc at the border?
we haven't been down since last year ( I know....), have they really cracked down on rv's at the border, and searching their fridges and food? I sure would like to know exactly what is forbidden food -
thanks. and the alcohol, how much are we allowed to bring in per adult? many thanks - see you in 3 days!

Roberto

ok - are we going to have to give up our bread, eggs, cheese, avocados, tomatoes, etc at the border?
we haven't been down since last year ( I know....), have they really cracked down on rv's at the border, and searching their fridges and food? I sure would like to know exactly what is forbidden food -
thanks. and the alcohol, how much are we allowed to bring in per adult? many thanks - see you in 3 days!
This subject has come up repeatedly recently and many have responded. Try searching old posts, you will find out all that is known.

joester

2 salty dawgs
seems like having everything in original packaging helps after reading thru these different topics and link - not a real problem if food is in original container, it should have the stamps and approvals.
thanks!

So what is the latest at the border. We crossed at 830 am the last time and there was no one around. Is the other inspector for the ag. dept been around Leigh