Dr. Lizarraga

Chari...just go up on your deck, take some 100 lb fishing line, and a 5 lb. dive weigh...that should do the trick!!:rofl:

If it's the dentist above the Tequila Factory...get hold of Mark...he should be able to find out for you (or call Rosie's office...they're next door)

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ha Ha, Joe..... Jerry wouldn't think that was funny.....Poor guy...... I know where they are and I looked on his website but there are no prices....... I just figured this would be the fastest way. I'll call Mark..... I'm just glad we had planned this trip. It costs like 200 buck here or something ridiculous.....

Jim

I went to Dr. Lizarraga last week for a routine cleaning. I can't say that I was overly impressed with the service or facility but have no real complaints either. I didn't ask about price ahead of time. He charged me $80 which I thought was high for the 15 minutes that I was there. I paid it without complaint but next time I'll either ask ahead of time or go elsewhere.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
80 bucks? They are 125 here! I think 80 bucks is high too. Thanks Casa Alina....Have you had work done there?

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
:har:Chari, I don't know him personally, but Rosie does and speaks very highly of him. Also, a dear friend of mine is seeing him currently for some work and seems satisfied so far. Good luck, but I also like RPJ's idea! I can help with that. My Jeep has a lot of torque!!!!:har:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Which one, Dr. Lizarraga or Dr. Socorro?

You goober, if I was gonna do that, I'd use my own Jeep! It has more torque! LOL!

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
After almost a year of holding (hiding) out from the dentist, I decided to give Dr. H Lizagarra a try. I didn't do much research, but was aware of his advertising on the Rosie, Russ Ren & Stimpy Show. I emailed an appointment 5 days prior and he answered within a day. He seemed understand exactly why I was coming in and I had tried to be detailed about that. The practice of dentistry procedures goes back at least fifty years and can still be called 'modern' in my opinion and what I look for is price, professionalism and pride in work.

Upon arrival and finishing up another gringo, I only waited a few extra minutes. I was ushered in and the symphony began. Dr. H swept through his work area with speed and agility prepping for his new patient. Once his trays were prepped and his patient adjusted, he went to work. After a once around to see the landscape, Dr. H dove in with cleaning intensity. He uses a 'water pic' type device and picks to to the 'hard' work. I did have to request numbers for my gummers as they are super sensitive, to which obliged immediately, joyfully remarking "its pina colada flavor, is that alright?" I replied, "Anything"!

I settled in and used some hypnosis breathing to calm my nerves, wishing I had brought my headphones along to play 'anything' in my ears as I am also sensitive to high pitched sounds. Note to self! Minutes flew and the Doc did too. This man is very dedicated to his craft and flies through procedure. After all said and done (I was expecting two days of deep cleaning, but he doesn't really do that), he finished in an hour as scheduled. There was no discussion prior per se and a little after aside from scheduling the rest of the appointments and cost estimates. I paid for 2/3rds in advance and at the end charged me $10 less than the original figure. At the final, I gave him the $10, offering to buy him lunch.

I was there to have a cleaning, two areas rebonded on my front lowers and a composite filling (no amalgam for me) on a chipped tooth that was bothering me. I knew my dentist in PHX would charge almost 3 times what this guy could possibly charge. At least that was my assumption and I was pretty close. My budget was $250 - $350 (a stretch) and came in a $290.

The next day, we went at it again and he did three major procedures in 90 minutes. Dr. L told my wife I would be done in 20 minutes! LOL I looked at him coyly and insisted at least 30 minutes. He was about to change his name to Dr. Speedy Gonzales! Again, sitting me in the chair and flying about getting all the tools and bits together for the big orchestration. I love it. Crashing, bashing and slamming cabinets, drawers and working a lighting speed getting ready. Once prepared Dr. H flew into a healer frenzy. Wasting no time, he took about 30 minutes for each procedure. I was scheduled to visit again the next day (Sunday), and he decided to keep going, knowing he would finish in about 30 minutes. I was grateful for him doing this, but wished he had updated my wife in the waiting room.

His estimate of cost for nearly three hours of work would come to $300, a far cry from what I would pay in PHX for the same. I will have to go back to they hygienist at home to finish the extra cleaning that was needed. No problem. I think I saved about $300 right off the top.

Dr. H is a family man who has been practicing dentistry for more than 40 years, has a modest, but professional practice above the tequila factory on the main north south road near the major intersection in the south central area.

I was pleased to have met the man and his services. You will find him honest, loaded full of integrity and professional acumen.

Highly recommended.

Dj

TICO-T

Jim, I would recommend Dr. Ernesto Grijalva. He has a very good modern office and charges $35.00 for a cleaning. He is also an oral surgeon and can do implants and the crowns for them. A regular crown is $250.00. A root canal is $250.00. He is on Freemont Blvd. 638-383-3434.

sea nile

Sea Nile
We like L G dental Office. Very professional and fair priced. $45 for cleaning and $250 for a crown. Very good follow up.
Corner of Sinaloa and Freemount (638) 388-0488