Dr. Socorro

dwig222

We are here in paradise for a few days and trying to find Dr. Socorro's office for a teeth cleaning. Tried calling from the lobby of the place we are staying but got the voice mail. Tried calling from the phone in the condo but got a message the number was disconnected. Can anyone tell me the directions to her office. I found a web site that says Benito Juarez Blvd, but no street number. I'm pretty familiar with the area so "accross from" or "two blocks from" is fine too. Thanks!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Going north on Benito Juarez, I think it's the second left after you pass Constitucion. There is a billboard advertising her on the corner.....

I have never had the need for a dentist while in Mexico. Obviously, your american insurance is no good there. What are the prices like and quaility of work?

dwig222

We found it easily. We have an appointment tomorrow at 10 am. She does not do xrays but she sends you to another place for them. The cleaning is $45 and a full mouth xray is $40. We don't have any dental insurance so that's a bargain for us.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Pulling a tooth is 45 also and a deep cleaning in 200 dollars. She also put another tooth in Jerry's bridge to cover the pulled one and charged 35 bucks. She's an excellent dentist and very reasonable. Her office is clean. She is also the director of the Rocky Point Health office, I forget what they call it there.... Roberto? She's also really, really nice!

jerry

Pulling a tooth is 45 also and a deep cleaning in 200 dollars. She also put another tooth in Jerry's bridge to cover the pulled one and charged 35 bucks. She's an excellent dentist and very reasonable. Her office is clean. She is also the director of the Rocky Point Health office, I forget what they call it there.... Roberto? She's also really, really nice!
200 bucks doesn't sound like a deal..i can get it done for 110 in Tucson the full torture cleaning...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Jerry, I'm talking about a deep cleaning where they go up under your gums, not just a regular cleaning. The deep cleanings cost 1000 dollars here.....

Landshark

Ugh. Deep cleanings are horrible!
I went to Dr Sergio for a deep cleaning about a year ago. Couldn't have been more nervous about it. He swabbed my gums with a numbing agent and went to work at a very fast pace. Thankfully he finished the cleaning before my gums woke up. The procedure was completely painless! Total charge was $80. They wanted over $1000 in Mesa.