Driving in a Mercedes to RP? Safety?

AZFTW

Hi Guys - this is a random post but would you say it's safe to drive a new model Mercedes down to RP from PHX? I've been to RP a handful of times and have never had safety concerns. I've seen plenty of Raptors and nice SUV's but I am just worried I will attract the wrong attention...we are staying on Sandy Beach in one of the gated condo's (I forget the name) My main concern is an inside job where we are staying as I won't be driving around town at all once we get there

JayT

My opinion is you’ll be fine and definitely not alone in a luxury vehicle. The parking garages in Sandy Beach and houses at the other beach communities (Las Conchas, Playa Encanto, etc.) all have their fair share of nice cars and SUVs so you’re not going to stand out too much in those areas with a new Mercedes. Respecting the local laws and common sense will get you through without any issues. Enjoy your trip!

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
I agree about following all traffic rules extra carefully, we used to have nice vehicles we would take and never had any problems, My concern would be more crooked cops shake down if you break the law than getting robbed but as always use common sense, I definitely wouldn’t wear any fancy jewelry along with the nice car. Have a fun time and be safe

rplarry

Well Known Member
Hi Guys - this is a random post but would you say it's safe to drive a new model Mercedes down to RP from PHX? I've been to RP a handful of times and have never had safety concerns. I've seen plenty of Raptors and nice SUV's but I am just worried I will attract the wrong attention...we are staying on Sandy Beach in one of the gated condo's (I forget the name) My main concern is an inside job where we are staying as I won't be driving around town at all once we get there
Do you have bullet proof glass ?

just kidding....

Definitely follow the other suggestions. My main concern would be hitting the copious amount of potholes, especially if you have larger/low-profile wheels. Those roads were definitely not built for luxury vehicles.

girlfran

Do you have bullet proof glass ?

just kidding....

Definitely follow the other suggestions. My main concern would be hitting the copious amount of potholes, especially if you have larger/low-profile wheels. Those roads were definitely not built for luxury vehicles.
That's what I thought lol Why would you.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
This is Rocky Point, not Honduras. There are $100k vehicles every time I'm in town. Tell me. What is the difference between a $70k YUKON and a $100k Mercedes? F250 F350 Lariat or King Ranch all day every day in Rocky Point and those are PRICEY!!! Basically, your car isn't going to get you in a jam but speeding through Sonoyta will.

marybna

Well Known Member
I have been going to my place in Penasco for 30 yrs. Sometime I go alone. I have never felt threatened in any way. Yes I always come and go in day light. One time I had a flat tire outside of Penasco and some guys(no English) changed for me and would only take cans of cold pop.