Driving in Arizona with Sonoran plates

Kea

Just curious --
We'll be renting a car from Bufalo and then driving it to the Phoenix airport to pick up friends. We're used to crossing the border & going through the AZ checkpoints, but have never done it with Sonoran license plates. Is there anything we should know about? I'm guessing we'll get a few extra questions? We'll have the rental agreement, passports, insurance, etc. with us.

Thanks!

Roberto

Done that twice with no questions or problems crossing. Get the Ford compact if you have the option between that and the Chevy. Both are fine but I thought the Ford was better. Their cars are all new so no worries. I did think that Az drivers were more aggressive as I got lost, drove slow and made lane changes, but probabaly just the routine up there.

Reactions: Kea

Kea

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll see if it's there. We just want to make sure it's big enough for four adults & luggage. (Might be a bit uncomfortable if we were to pick them up in our 2 door Fiat!)

We looked around the other day and they all looked fine - good condition - and 4 doors.

Roberto

I would advise a reservation as they frequently have no vehicles on the lot. A Fiat !!! Fix It Again Tony we used to say about them in the 60's.

Kea

Already made the reservation! Yep, I've heard that acronym meaning before. This one's a bit newer - 2012 model. Hecho en Mexico. Bought in the US. Parts from everywhere.