Driving to Cabo from Los Angeles

Anyone know if it can be driven in two days. Also what city would I plan on spending the night at based on road speed conditions? I am planning on heading down next Wednesday with a group of guys to help out on Hurricane relief.

Reactions: Kea

Estero

I've driven San Diego to Cabo a dozen times or so. It can be done in 2 12 hour days with an overnight in either Guerrero Negro or San Ignacio. There are no shoulders for the most part and the road is narrow so it can be a stressful drive. Once you have done the northern section going down an option to avoid driving that section again is to hop on the ferry in Santa Rosalia to Guaymas and then on up through Tucson to Interstate 8. It is about 150 miles difference but time wise it is faster minus the ferry time. Plus it adds a unique experience.

I've driven San Diego to Cabo a dozen times or so. It can be done in 2 12 hour days with an overnight in either Guerrero Negro or San Ignacio. There are no shoulders for the most part and the road is narrow so it can be a stressful drive. Once you have done the northern section going down an option to avoid driving that section again is to hop on the ferry in Santa Rosalia to Guaymas and then on up through Tucson to Interstate 8. It is about 150 miles difference but time wise it is faster minus the ferry time. Plus it adds a unique experience.
Thanks, I have driven hwy 2 from Mexicali to Sonoyta many times and its the same type of road. Thanks for the ideas on lodging that's what I needed.