Drug sniffing dog

So crossing the border this morning in to Mexican I received a red light. Had my dogs paperwork all ready and handed them their copies. They then took a dog around my car to sniff for drugs. When did that start ?

I think the checkpoint in calif, coming into az should turn the fans around. There blowing away from the cars back into calif. To funny. Or maybe not . Lol

Terry C

I've noticed many times there is a cage on the left with a German Shepard in it right after the alto sign and before the light sign. Never could figure that one out....

Crowbar1

Surely they are sniffing for drugs. But, i have heard that dogs false alert a large percentage of the time. If they alert on your car, i would try and have the officer do it again before they tear your car apart looking for something that isn't there.

Landshark

Looking for drugs, money, guns, ammo, produce, meat, dog food, stolen cars, fugitives on the run....highly trained dogs! Or maybe they are just dumb mutts placed there as a deterrent. Or maybe the border guys just bring their mutts to work.

azdiva

In San Luis entering Mexico, the customs agents have this small black box with an antenna sticking out of it. They point it at cars
just to notice people fidgeting around to hide something which gives them away. Pretty Clever.

Kenny

In San Luis entering Mexico, the customs agents have this small black box with an antenna sticking out of it. They point it at cars
just to notice people fidgeting around to hide something which gives them away. Pretty Clever.
Well if someone waits until their at the border crossing and within sight of the border guards to hide something, they deserve to get caught.

mondone

Whitecaps
There was a news story recently that marijuana quality in the states is so much better lately that it is in demand in Mexico and that the major flow of it has switched from coming into the USA to more going south of the border. There has been an armed Mexican soldier stationed at the fiscal light the last 2 times we crossed also, which I never have seen before.

Roberto

There was a news story recently that marijuana quality in the states is so much better lately that it is in demand in Mexico and that the major flow of it has switched from coming into the USA to more going south of the border. There has been an armed Mexican soldier stationed at the fiscal light the last 2 times we crossed also, which I never have seen before.
I read that this story has been pretty much debunked as prattle of some goofball enforcement person in the US. I cannot imagine locals wanting to pay more for weed when it has always been plentiful and cheap. Many grow their own. No one really cares.

mondone

Whitecaps
Seems strange to me also but AZ talking about legalizing which should make a major hit in smuggling anyway.

Roberto

While it is still profitable to grow had move pot, unfortunatley there has been a marked shift to other , less bulky, more profitable drugs. Heroin, Cocaine and Meth. to name a few. Poppys have been found growing in new areas of Mexico. I have read there has been an increase in some places in the use of heroin, boosted by addictions to the the much more expensive Oxy.

Factoid...........

The HIGH quality AMERICAN grown mota that flows from USA to MEX is only purchased by Gringos in MEX that would never buy MEX grown cheap KRAP that in USA is only used by kids and getto rats.

JJ