Dual pane windows

Miakko

Looking for local recommendations for someplace that sells either double pane aluminum or vinyl windows.

Also recommendations for where to buy a replacement set of exterior french doors.

Roberto

You have to be careful with double pane windows here. I have seen quite a few that cloud up between the panes. Not sure why that happens, they may have been gas filled units. I thought it was the extreme heat and humidity but not sure of that.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
You can try Santana Glass on Constitucion across from ABC bus lines. You may want to give Ed K a call at Kelp Inc as he does a lot of energy efficient things for houses and condos Let me know how it goes - Alonso is the manager here and is a great guy, if they dont do it they may know someone that does.
Technical/SupportUSA
Phone: 920.268.1588
Mexico
Phone: 602.814.0740

I have dual pane Non Lo-E glass and some are starting to get a little foggy in small areas. Had them for almost 12 years in my house in Cholla. The windows on the south are the ones doing this. My house in Phx have the same brand with Lo-E and are still perfect. My neighbor further away from the water had their vinyl ones cloud up after only 5 years (same brand).
Being in RP close to the water is rough on things with the humidity, high temps and wind.
Santana glass is a good choice.

Miakko

I have dual pane Non Lo-E glass and some are starting to get a little foggy in small areas. Had them for almost 12 years in my house in Cholla. The windows on the south are the ones doing this. My house in Phx have the same brand with Lo-E and are still perfect. My neighbor further away from the water had their vinyl ones cloud up after only 5 years (same brand).
Being in RP close to the water is rough on things with the humidity, high temps and wind.
Santana glass is a good choice.
Hard to believe any climate can be tougher on windows then Phoenix:) Thank you for sharing your experience. We're going to check out Santana glass and see what they have for ideas for energy efficient options that will be suitable for this area.

I have had that happen before in California. We called a repair man to fix it. He put a needle between the layers of glass and refilled the void with nitrogen. Cleared the fog up immediately.

Rick,
Cholla Bay

garyd

I have had that happen before in California. We called a repair man to fix it. He put a needle between the layers of glass and refilled the void with nitrogen. Cleared the fog up immediately.

Rick,
Cholla Bay
Good thing they didn't use nitrious oxide or you have had a funny view :rofl:

playaperro

El Pirata
Home depot in mexicali has dual pane, only single pane in penasco, they do sell kits to make home made ones.

Landshark

Our dual pane windows have all fogged up and had to be replaced. The salt air attacked the aluminum frames and within 3 or 4 years penetrated between the panes. Santana Glass replaced the glass with a single 1/4" piece if glass. The dual pane was originally 1/2" thick, ( 2 - 1/8" panes of glass with a 1/4" aluminum spacer) They added a 1/4" solid aluminum spacer to bring the thickness back to 1/2" and enable the original locking strips to still be used. The modification turned out very well, looks like it was originally made that way, and doesn't leak a drop. We were very happy with their work. No more streaked or fogged up windows to spoil the beautiful view!