Eagle Eating

Yeah I have seen them up in pine top, flagstaff and when I was younger working in Idaho I had seen some fishing out there too.

I think they are really neat looking.

I come from a hunting and fishing family. When I was a little kid I remember walking into my grandfathers back yard and there would be random animals everywhere. He had an avery with ring necked dove etc. .

They had rehabilitated a red tailed hawk and kept an orphaned javalina. That thing road around in the car like a dog.

But I have always loved animals of all kinds and have known what an Osprey looked like from a young age. I always thought they were the king of Falcons but glad this thread happened and I actually read into it. Neat to know they are their own thing.

Dawg

Osprey. Love watching the ones that live on the pole near CEDO in Las Conchas. There's a family there every year. I'm always surprised at the size of the fish they can take off with and bring back to the little ones. Ospreys are about half the size of Bald Eagles, we have a number of those that soar over the bluffs of Puget Sound near our home in Washington; huge birds. Golden Eagles are a bit bigger yet.

Kenny

You may see pictures and Video's of Bald Eagles taking fish from the water in flight, those fish are either dead or dying. The Osprey is the only Raptor that's a true fisherman in the sense that it hunts and kills live and healthy fish.

There are a lot in lobos. I've watched, and if they hit the water they get a fish. If you go down the beach headed north there are about eight that hang out on the fence post along high tide mark. If you head se. along the cliffs you will see some massive nest. If I could load pics I would post them Just don't remember how.Leigh

Kenny

There are a lot in lobos. I've watched, and if they hit the water they get a fish. If you go down the beach headed north there are about eight that hang out on the fence post along high tide mark. If you head se. along the cliffs you will see some massive nest. If I could load pics I would post them Just don't remember how.Leigh
Massive is right Leigh. I've seen them at least 6 feet high after generations of use up in Washington State.

jerry

Lee, so your files are too big.Get a little free program like image sizer that drops them below a Mg...640 by 480 range then click upload file button.

I used an image sizer too. No luck for me though kept erroring. If the image sizer doesnt work try photobucket. I use that and there is a url link that will display the photo like you see them here as well. Just click url it will save it and you just right click paste them into your response.
Good luck, would like to see the nests.

playaperro

El Pirata
My point is that you misunderstood lee's post thinking they're eagles out lobos way and the closet eagles are in the catalina foothills, sabino canyon and they happen to be golden eagles, I'll forgive Roberto since he's is a new vecino at LAS CONCHAS where the osprey has been flying around forever.

Kenny

My point is that you misunderstood lee's post thinking they're eagles out lobos way and the closet eagles are in the catalina foothills, sabino canyon and they happen to be golden eagles, I'll forgive Roberto since he's is a new vecino at LAS CONCHAS where the osprey has been flying around forever.
No, you misunderstood me but more likely just looking for something being the dog you are. I knew exactly what kind of Raptor Leigh was talking about. Now if you care to read it again, it was just a comparison of the two as far as their fish catching capabilities are concerned... Below is the picture I took of the Osprey nest near Jerry's place. There were youngsters in the nest that I was trying to get a picture of, but mom showed up and made them put their heads down... Damn fear biting little dogs anyway.

jerry

Hmmm...I think there is a population In the interior of Sonora plus why is it the Seris always carve Desert Eagles? do the see them on Direct Tv?

Kenny

Hmmm...I think there is a population In the interior of Sonora plus why is it the Seris always carve Desert Eagles? do the see them on Direct Tv?
On Mexico's flag maybe?
Yes there is Jerry: Their endangered but the Golden Eagle is still out there. I've only seen one up close and that was in northern N.M. and man, their a big bird

Last edited:
Interesting in the Wiki for birds in Mexico there are 8 different Eagles listed as being present or near extinct. I didn't realize how widely distributed Bald Eagles were.
But I suppose when we head down, aside from the few towns everything just looks like it does in any direction you head out in the valley here in Phoenix. I wouldn't or shouldn't be surprised to see the same Fauna as we see here as probably 90+% of the Flora is the same as well.
Oh wait, it's the Sonoran Desert... Doh, silly me.
Bark bark, ruff ruff. No that's my Puerto Peñasco Kenny! Bad Kenny.(southpark joke)

Kenny

[QUOTE="Hillbeartoe,
Oh wait, it's the Sonoran Desert... Doh, silly me.
Bark bark, ruff ruff. No that's my Puerto Peñasco Kenny! Bad Kenny.(southpark joke)[/QUOTE]

Ha, you and some others on here don't know that the dog and I have had if you will, I don't know, a 7+ year relationship and to say that during many years of that time the dog found every opportunity he could to call me a asshole and such is not a over statement . Truth is I'm proud of the dog in that he's now able to show his animosity toward me without the bad language; but that could change after this.:D OK, another truth is that if the dog got lost or ran away, I'd miss him.:)

Hehe. I actualy like his family vid. Good lookin guy and family. And the video was well edited. I was a lil surprised he tends to the darkside but I find myself wanting to like him. hehe. sounds weird but you know.
He definitely isn't like some of the others and this place would be no fun with out at least a little back and forth.

Kenny

Hehe. I actualy like his family vid. Good lookin guy and family. And the video was well edited. I was a lil surprised he tends to the darkside but I find myself wanting to like him. hehe. sounds weird but you know.
He definitely isn't like some of the others and this place would be no fun with out at least a little back and forth.
The only picture I've seen of the dog (playaperro) in all these years , that's who I was speaking of, was when he was around 8 down in Mexico. Who are you talking about?

Is this the dog?

The video stuck out in my mind because of the video quality and editing and that if that's him his wife is a very good looking woman.

Kenny

Is this the dog?

The video stuck out in my mind because of the video quality and editing and that if that's him his wife is a very good looking woman.
Why on God's earth would you think that was playaperro? Leave it up though, more than a few will get a kick out of it.