Easiest way to get down there

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I'm leaving tomorrow morning -- I was supposed to be going with some friends of mine, but they might not be able to go so I might be driving alone.

The only part that I don't know (that my GPS cant figure out) is how to get on the mexican highway after you pass the border. I've read many HOWTO's to get down there but they all seem to have different info.

What's the easiest way to get through that little town and get back on the freeway?

Kenny

Well Known Member
Hey Tyler, Don't forget to stop by Chucks trailer and say hi to some of the gang. :cool: Don't honk at the police on the way down. :D

Kenny

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!! I'm going to have to stop reading the forum while drinking! :eek3: My keyboard can't handle many more baths!!!!!! :lol:

Soon I will be in :mexico: !!!!!!!!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!!!!! :D

Chari

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Tyler, and anyone else going down this weekend that hasn't been in a while....the Sonoyta (Sonoita) police have been using hand held radar....at the end of town going south...just before that last little hill where they have a setup/Stop sign to collect money for whatever "cause"....the speed limit there is 40kph (approx. 24 mph)....they even stand in the middle of the road shooting you....I usually smile as I go by!!!!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
There is a bypass in town if you don't want to go thru the shop area...but that is best left to when you're following someone else down that knows the way..... though it's not hard to find....it's the first right turn you can make after you cross the bridge....it's the street right across from the 2nd Pemex station that you'll be passing.