Easter Dinner 2012

mondone

Whitecaps
We are heading to the casa for Easter weekend. This will be the first Easter for us spending it in PP.
Does anyone have a good restaurant suggestion for Easter dinner in town? Anything special going on?

Roberto

Yeah, lots special, it's SEMANA SANTA the biggest holiday of the year in Penasco. ATVs, beach crowds, ATVs, pickups loaded with dancing people and beer, ATVs, Beer, more trucks, harbor cruises full, more ATV's. I'd guess the malecon will be wall to wall in the evenings probably the most fun what with bands playing and all, Calle 13 has usually been a parking lot at night. Competition Hill will be an accident waiting to happen. Rentals are probably at pretty much full capacity. We are getting calls of desperation.

For dinner I'd try Pane Y Vino, or Mickeys place, maybe Don Julio's, anywhere not at the Malecon or Calle 13.

AZ ROB

Wife and I were down last year Completely by accident.. All roads were parking lots. Walked down to the Malecon from Lattitude 31. due to all the traffic. most places were open but for the most part all restruants and bars were dead I mean empty. I asked why this was and the answer is that Nationals don't spend money out like the Americans. I will say that if there was a empty lot or building there were tents and people sleeping in them.. We arrived in town about 5pm and by 5am We were heading home...

AZ ROB

Look at his menu! If were coming down, I'd eat there! Looks yummy!
LJ this is about the only place we try to eat at every trip down. The food is excellent are very reasonable.
but you have to get there early to get the Tiramissu before they run out

mondone

Whitecaps
Does sound good, but the problem is the wife and I are both Italian, so Italian restaurants are not the type of dining place we frequent much, we make everything Italian at home with our family recipes!

mondone

Whitecaps
Could be, but still not the usual choice for us. Just may give it a try though. We actually went to Mare Blu Bistro a couple months ago and did not find it all that good and very over-priced for RP.

Roberto

You can't beat Mary's Coctaleria on teh Malecon for the full bore Mariscos experience and the view. The view is the atmosphere, ask for Cisco and try the fish soup, mmmmmmm yummy, or the shrimp combo, it will feed 4 people. You can also buy your take home shrimp there from Cisco also, tell him Roberto sent you !

You can't beat Mary's Coctaleria on teh Malecon for the full bore Mariscos experience and the view. The view is the atmosphere, ask for Cisco and try the fish soup, mmmmmmm yummy, or the shrimp combo, it will feed 4 people. You can also buy your take home shrimp there from Cisco also, tell him Roberto sent you !
I'll second that on the seafood soup (in foil...4 sea soup).....my mouth is watering just thinking about it!