El Gato

El Gato

Well Known Member
Has anyone seen or heard from Julie lately? She hasn't posted in a while.
We ended up selling our condo as Bill wanted to go 'home' to Tennessee. Once he turned 80 he had a strong pull towards where he was born and raised. We packed up the car and George (El Gato) and headed for the border the end of July. The Border Guard was supper nice and we didn't have to unpack the car with all our worldly goods. He asked us a few questions, then said, "Bill, Julie and George, are you all US Citizens?" Bill & I quickly answered, "Yes" and George gave out with a big 'Meow". The Guard laughed, wished us a safe trip and sent us on our way.

Going across country with a cat who doesn't like to travel was a little tiring.

We love Tennessee but will never lose our love for Penasco (and we do still have kids there). Obviously we follow everything that is happening in Penasco and wish only the very best for it. It has been part of me since 1948 and will remain so until I die. It is a wonderful place and the people are even more wonderful.

mis2810

Well Known Member
Happy to hear you and Bill are doing well. I knew something was up because you hadn't posted in awhile. Glad your trip went well, also - including for George. We're thinking about you so don't be a stranger around here! Please tell Bill to get started on a new Penasco mystery - it's been a year since I read the last one!

El Gato

Well Known Member
Happy to hear you and Bill are doing well. I knew something was up because you hadn't posted in awhile. Glad your trip went well, also - including for George. We're thinking about you so don't be a stranger around here! Please tell Bill to get started on a new Penasco mystery - it's been a year since I read the last one!
He had two set in Pueblo Del Mar (aka Penasco to those in the know): Murder in Pueblo Del Mar and A Soul Defiled. Hopefully another is churning away in that brain of his :) He just published his 10th book, The Reluctant Savage - but it wasn't set in PDM/PP. He said to send you his thanks.

Went to the grocery store today and I couldn't force myself to pay over $1.50 for one sad looking avocado. Grocery bill is MUCH higher than in Penasco - of course there are so many choices in the frozen food department - much worse for us not to mention expensive. Fortunately everything else seems to be less than in AZ. Although no place is going to beat Penasco's property taxes.

El Gato

Well Known Member
you will be missed in penasco, we are thinking of you!
We are thinking of all of you and miss you. Hope to keep up with everything that is going on there. And we still want to be on that first cruise headed out of port.

El Gato

Well Known Member
I so wanted to meet you, Julie............
Wish we could have met as well - although maybe we did in our younger days, as we passed on the dance floor. Hope your heath is now up to par and you are back down enjoying the beauty of Penasco and the warmth of all of your friends.

jerry

Well Known Member
"A Tennessee hill boy who was very mobile in his youth, knew poverty both emotionally, financially, and entered the adult world dazzled by all the neon and glitter. Marriage, divorce, beautiful children, and despair followed. There have been many bright spots in my life: an AB Degree from Lycoming College in Williamsport, PA. I Taught high school 'Advance Writing,' acted on stage, film, television, and owned my own business. I write non-convoluted books, simple plots and interesting characters. Some of my novels are inspired by real life crime and true events. In each book I write I seem to find more pieces of me. Writing for me is better than the price of a psychiatrist. I'm back home again in Tennessee on the Cumberland Plateau... Maybe I'll find some pieces of my own puzzle left here many years ago."
Well he sounds like an interesting guy.....

El Gato

Well Known Member
"A Tennessee hill boy who was very mobile in his youth, knew poverty both emotionally, financially, and entered the adult world dazzled by all the neon and glitter. Marriage, divorce, beautiful children, and despair followed. There have been many bright spots in my life: an AB Degree from Lycoming College in Williamsport, PA. I Taught high school 'Advance Writing,' acted on stage, film, television, and owned my own business. I write non-convoluted books, simple plots and interesting characters. Some of my novels are inspired by real life crime and true events. In each book I write I seem to find more pieces of me. Writing for me is better than the price of a psychiatrist. I'm back home again in Tennessee on the Cumberland Plateau... Maybe I'll find some pieces of my own puzzle left here many years ago."
Well he sounds like an interesting guy.....
Thanks Jerry, he is interesting and keeps my life exciting. To look at him, to talk to him, you would never guess that he turned 80 last April. His mind is always working on new projects. Keeps me on my toes.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Thanks Jerry, he is interesting and keeps my life exciting. To look at him, to talk to him, you would never guess that he turned 80 last April. His mind is always working on new projects. Keeps me on my toes.
Sounds like my Dad at that age. Hope it runs in the family!

jerry

Well Known Member
I am working on a sort of graphic novel with the Battle of Tubutama is the backdrop...mostly real stuff with the names changed so I don't get anyone killed....Would he mind looking at it when I get a bit furture along

El Gato

Well Known Member
Keep you head down !!
Jerry,

Bill said he wouldn't mind taking a look when you are ready. You can check his out on Amazon.com under Billy Ray Chitwood. He has 10 listed in both paperback and ebook/kindle. The book market has changed dramatically in the past few years.