El Mirador Village Hotel Question...

Just curious if anyone's stayed at the El Mirador Village Hotel before, or has heard from anyone who has. New kid on the block, just east (I think?) from Manny's, placed perpendicular to the beach between Manny's and Pitaya Bar. (Here's a link to the official site: http://www.elmiradorrockypoint.com/ )

Technically, it's on the Mirador beach but it's hard to get a handle on the quality of the facilities. For a room with 2 double beds and a "kitchenette," which may or may not be the size of the one in the photo gallery, only runs $59 during the week or $69 on weekends. Seems too good to be true! There's also 2brm/2baths for $89/99. The way the hotel is set up it seems like you’d have an ocean view from a 2nd story unit, whether you were facing south, east or west.

They show a small pool with a "swim-up bar," but I would doubt they'd have someone staffed out there outside of holidays. Anyway, palapas lead out to the beach, which I know isn't exactly the best sand in town, but compared to the prices those rows of condos command, just to the west, leading down to Manny's, it's quite the bargain. Plus, no cleaning fees or deposits!

Again, just seems to be too good to be true, but could be a new player in the over-saturated Penasco hotel market just trying to be extra competitive in this rough year. Or are they only partially open, still under heavy construction in the rooms?

Also, does anyone remember which RV park was torn down to make way for El Mirador Village Hotel?

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Family and friends of ours stayed there last month. We always stay at PDO (rv park next door), so this was really convenient. It's just as the pictures show--it is very nice, especially the outside area (the ramadas and bbq grills). There was no bartender at the pool, but it wasn't busy so there really was no need. All of the rooms are pretty much ocean view (with the exception of probably the first two (maybe three) because they all pretty much face west. One couple stayed for two nights and the other couple for four and not one had any complaints. Great rooms, great price and right on the ocean--what more could you want!!
Funny, we've drove up and down that street and kazillion times over the years and for the life of me, I can't remember what was there! Was it El Mirador RV park???......I just can't remember!!!!!!!!!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Yes! it used to be the Mirador Village RV park, they kept the original 2 trailers towards the beach part of the property and the 2 story building facing Matamoros Ave.
The prices are the same since I last checked them, then again, beach bum point of view, what else do you spect for a bed and a shower, most of the day you are at the beach anyway!!
We use to go to Posada la Roca, in the fish market area and then to the condos you mention in Mirador Beach, WOW!! the prices have skyrocketted since then, however you do not have to go to the 14th floor to get the sunscreen you forgot and realized when you just got to the beach!!! bummer all that time wasted in an elevator!!

Wasn't this place started as condos? I think they didn't sell any, so they converted it to a hotel.

****oh wait never mind...I was think about the development across the street from the Baja Cantina

dmcauley

The owner is also the owner of RV traders in Mesa and rented the trailers there. He oversaw the building of his dream of a motel on the beach and is usually on property doing maintainance. His name is Jack........