El Nino...Jellyfish...Hurricane Nora 1997...Hurricane Joanne 1972...Claudia 1962

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Interesting. We saw lots of jellyfish when there June 12th-15th.

But El Nino is officially gone. Water temps have reverted to neutral conditions. There is some evidence it will flip to La Nina. This is all according the National Weather Service El Nino bulletin.
We went swimming the other day in Cholla and saw no jellies at all!

mis2810

I've been watching the temps too, and I kept thinking maybe it was just The Weather Channel App on my iphone. The temps seem really low compared to Tucson and Phoenix. It's going to be 112 today in Phoenix!

Yeah, mis2810, I hear ya'--back in the day the AZ Daily Star used to run these insane predictions for Penasco that were like 25 degrees off. I'd go down there in August (knowing full well that it'd be over 100) and would laugh as I sat at Manny's reading that morning's edition of the Star forecasting the high as 85 degrees and it'd be about 106. I was convinced it was to appease those travel agencies that ran ads in the Sunday Travel section.

This is before most people had internet access at home, mind you.

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yea, I was on the beach Sunday under an EZ up thinking that I would just stay there and never leave.........3 more months!!!!!:woo::woo::woo::woo:

kelly

you guys are scaring me, I am coming with my kids and dogs thursday the 29 till monday 3. jeez we just wanna snorkel and swim. I have been waiting since I came home in in july to come back... i am still coming no matter what. hope its beautiful. my mom and dad had a condo for ten years in the 90s, cant remember any time it wasnt better than home!!!!!

bailey

The posts before yours are all old...from June 2010. You will be fine I was there this past weekend and it was wonderful
just a little warm.

It means I didn't get to go fishing many times when I wanted to, that's what it means!! :aagh:

In the grand scheme of things, who knows? Call 1-800-GLB-WARM and ask for Al Gore. I'm sure he has lots of theories based on cherry-picked data that he can expound upon.

In my limited view of things (I'm not a scientist, I just play one here on the forum), the jet stream shifted significantly this year due to El Nino conditions and brought us a lot more wind and rain than we would see in our normal weather pattern here in the Southwest. I have read that the El Nino condition has started to wane, so come fall/winter, we may return to our more normal weather pattern.

Interesting read this morning concerning the Easter 7.2 earthquake centered in Mexicali - it actually shifted the Earth's crust up to 10 feet in some places in Mexico. There was a 31 inch shift most everywhere else. This was measured by satellites. Good news for us in AZ! California is that much closer to falling into the ocean! Beachfront property ahoy!! :-D
Where is this rain and wind you speak of. I for one, in Goodyear can remember one day with any significant rainfall since April.

azfish

The storm is going to take RP right off the map, every clam will be beached, homes will be floating out to sea.
I think I'll come down for the fun.
People are calling it the perfect storm of Mexico.