Elect payments

Does anyone know if you can pay your Eect bill on line or do you just leave a large deposit with the Elect co. and hope it does not run out

Kea

Pago en línea - CFE

Is the link to the part of CFE that says you can pay on-line. I haven't tried it. I would like to have mine set up for "auto-pay" but right now I use a bill paying service until I get all bills on auto-pay, or at least be able to take care of while I'm in town.

Let us know if it works for you.

Kea

I can't do much with the link right now since my bill has already been paid. But in the instructions it only mentioned setting up bill pay through your back account. It appeared that credit card payments could be made for each bill, but I didn't see any mention of autopay. I'll look at the online options when I get my next bill and before it's paid.

Thank all of you we will check this out on our side we also use Bill pay but if we are able to do this from the states would be great

toetrx

We use Monica at Kaizen bill paying service. She pays the electric bill and property taxes. She sends me a statement, and when it gets low I send her another $100.00.
I know there is a $10.00 fee per bill she pays, but we have had ZERO problems and my bills are paid on time.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I tried to pay my electric bill with my US Mastercard and the paymnet would not go thru, asked the lady at the counter at CFE on my following trip and she said that the system is not made to take credit cards from countries other than Mexico, sounds funny but it seems that is the way they do it.

Terry C, what did you find about adding CFE to your chase account?

I leave a deposit with the electric company, receive a bill every 2 months with a summary of my deposit, amount of bill deducted and the remainder of credit. Have been doing it this way for 2 yrs, so far no problem.

I have paid 500 pesos to cover my electric for 6 months or so. I am looking at my bill now, No balance on my bill.
Where are you seeing what your credit balance is?
Occasionally on my CFE on-line account I can see a balance when I try to pre-pay, only sometimes, because site will say that function is unavailable.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I wish I had your electric bill's. 500 peso's is only about $36.00 for 6 months of power. My biggest one last year was a little over 8000.00 peso's. I use auto deduct from our Banamex account.

Yep I am spoiled by my bill for my house in Cholla.
I am only down for 35-40 days a year and of that 10-15 during A/C need time. My total bill even using window A/C's was less than 1200 pesos ($90-100) per year.
Now that I have a new 10.5 seer, 2 ton Mini split we will see how much my yearly bill goes up.
So far, it is not too much, use wise, when I was down from May 25th- June 3rd, I used 230KW and was running the A/C 4-5 hours average per day along with
all the other things, fans. lights, TV and other devices. I have propane oven and water heater. That costs me another $25 per year.
The A/C only draws 9.6 amps@220v per the spec listed in the owners manual. My 12K btu window unit uses 13 amps.
If it goes to 3000 pesos ($240) per year I am still thrilled, better than the $3200 annual bill in the states per year.

The Man

Hi...

mine is payed automatic from my Bancomer bank account, as the elec bills my bank there!

But things that are not national, but local to RP my bank saids their not set up for that, like my water bill! Which can be payed by year for a discount!

But since I don't like to stand in lines to pay bills, I went to the lets say the water co. office, showed then my/their water bill and asked for them to write my account and their bank/office money transfer number, which I save!

Then when ya want to pay, instead of the water office to pay, I just go to my bank and give them the info! They type the info on a form, and transfer number, and they make the payment!

One stop for water, garbage, tax, and whatever .....at my mex bank!

Sure, a few bucks for the transfer, but I'm paying for my time!

DD

mondone

Whitecaps
First you would need to register on CFE web site. here is a link on how to do it. Viewing your CFE electricity bill online - San Felipe Life

You can view your bill. There is a link on the site ( if you change to English ) to pay the bill by MC VISA etc. Chase would not allow it to be prossessed. I need to call chase and add CFE I understand.
Has anyone had any luck paying online with a CC from the USA? I use my Capital One Visa all the time in RP and never had an issue with a transaction being denied.