Elephant seal washes up at Las Conchas.

Old55

Well Known Member
People just can let that seal be. At el golfo yesterday tourists were trying to dig it out until the Marines on advice from experts forced them to leave…..at high tide the seal continued it’s tour of the the Vermillion Sea

playaperro

El Pirata
Apparently they are keeping track of all the elephant seals washing up along the coast. Now one surfaced in the small town of desembook, been on shore for a couple days kinda of a dark color with brown spot on top of back.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Just sitting here at my keyboard in wet Yuma AZ checking out all of the daily dumb shit on this blog site after all day gearing up my newly broken in Ford RaptorR for an ass haulin desert run to PP next week.

We will be running the new dirt power line road where it crosses the Coastal Hwy a few miles north of El Golfo then runs east thru about thirty miles of fresh virgin desert thru the "protected region" where it finally hits the Coastal Hwy again near the train station at Salina Grande. Some serious dune country out there where we should be able to run down a few Sonora Pronghorns and squash a couple dozen Flat-Tailed Horned Lizards just emerging from their winter snooze.

We did the more southern run a few weeks ago from the Gillespie Gold mine road back north thru more really fine virgin desert and ending up where the new power line crosses the Sonoita PP Hwy just east of Ejido Kennedy. Crossing the dunes along the riverbed was incredible with some powder soft drops twenty feet deep. The truck just plowed thru like it was designed to do. Had to pass a huge 6x6 crane truck mired up to the doors and outriggers sunk four feet deep in still wet quicksand in the riverbed. A high speed balls-to-the-walls thirty foot skip jump and we were over it like nothing at all. Don't have any idea how the CFE guys will ever get that thing out of there. It had a 100 foot plus telescopic crane that must weigh tons just partially retracted. Probably ran out of hydraulic pump when the truck burnt out the batteries while digging itself deeper into the muck.

JJ

Old55

Well Known Member
Just sitting here at my keyboard in wet Yuma AZ checking out all of the daily dumb shit on this blog site after all day gearing up my newly broken in Ford RaptorR for an ass haulin desert run to PP next week.

We will be running the new dirt power line road where it crosses the Coastal Hwy a few miles north of El Golfo then runs east thru about thirty miles of fresh virgin desert thru the "protected region" where it finally hits the Coastal Hwy again near the train station at Salina Grande. Some serious dune country out there where we should be able to run down a few Sonora Pronghorns and squash a couple dozen Flat-Tailed Horned Lizards just emerging from their winter snooze.

We did the more southern run a few weeks ago from the Gillespie Gold mine road back north thru more really fine virgin desert and ending up where the new power line crosses the Sonoita PP Hwy just east of Ejido Kennedy. Crossing the dunes along the riverbed was incredible with some powder soft drops twenty feet deep. The truck just plowed thru like it was designed to do. Had to pass a huge 6x6 crane truck mired up to the doors and outriggers sunk four feet deep in still wet quicksand in the riverbed. A high speed balls-to-the-walls thirty foot skip jump and we were over it like nothing at all. Don't have any idea how the CFE guys will ever get that thing out of there. It had a 100 foot plus telescopic crane that must weigh tons just partially retracted. Probably ran out of hydraulic pump when the truck burnt out the batteries while digging itself deeper into the muck.

JJ
Dozer with a long cable maybe ? At the Willcox playa they used one to get the big fire truck out my drunk neighbor “borrowed” one night.
Glad you are your awesome self!