Encantame Towers, Playa Encanto

tndr_cpl

They graded a road from the road to Playa Encanto to the lot. This was before the flood so I don't know if it is still there.
The road to the lot is there. We drove up it last weekend to take a look at the lot and the area around it. We have a house in Encanto and wondered where our new neighbors might be.

ernesto

Well Known Member
Never ever buy anything down there on a presale promise. I don't care what their track record is, it's too easy to hide behind their legal system down there and screw the buyer. How many examples of that does a person need? Hand them the money in one hand, get the trust and the key in the other.It's the only way, sorry.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Terrible advice.
Actually Ernesto’s advice is right on, couldn’t have said it better. Many innocent people have lost their life savings when investing in real estate in Mexico because they didn’t follow this simple rule. Maybe Encantame Towers will be the exception to the rule, I hope so for your sake and the other 100 with their hard earned money invested in this project. But in general the rule of investing in Mexico remains the same and always will, “Hand them the money in one hand, get the trust and the key in the other.” Implying otherwise will put many at risk and none of us want to see that happen again.

Roberto

Well Known Member
1. If it is fully funded why not just build it then sell.
2. Anyone else disbelieve that 100 have been sold at this date? This is a big red flag. Back in the day this was a technique used to blow and go. Local market movers would 'reserve' an entire floor with no money down. The biggest mover of the past is responsible for many of the steel structures waving in the wind and millions of lost dollars taken from trusting investors..

And yes we have seen occasions in the past where a 'newby' signs on to the forum to promote something. Patently transparent BULL, $100K profit before the start of construction ! Only a fool would believe that. This may be a good development, time will tell, but SSE is only damaging the development . I think this guy is a hot sales person from Chicago !!

Remember Force Majure !!

ernesto

Well Known Member
I call it Horse Manure not Force Majeure. Look at Las Palomas phase 3. There was even a clause in their contract that called for refund of monies paid and they played the Horse Manure card. 12 flippin years ago. Buyer beware!

mondone

Whitecaps
Sonoran Sea owner and just bought at Encantame. First time post, interesting reading in this thread. The builders are the same ones who finished the Sea, Spa, Princesa, and Puerto Privada. Each one sold out and delivered on time. Its a no brainer for me. Casago is going to be managing the property. Over 100 sold already. 200 to go...... I expect my 2br 2ba that I bought for 314,000 will be selling for 400,000 or more by the start of construction.
:pigsfly:

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
mm-hmm, then why such the hard push on the project. Hope you are being honorable, but history dictates something else. Word of advice for joining this forum, probably best you do a little toe-dabbing around here first before trying to make the big splash.

ernesto

Well Known Member
There's a saying " when the US economy catches a cold, Mexico catches the flu". The last 2 times this happened were the unfortunate incidents of the terrorist planes hitting the towers, then the economic crash casing the "great recession" in 07-08. The builder you cite was far enough through the process and didn't idle or shut down as did many others. As evidenced by the rusted building skeletons still there. Investing is always a calculated risk, good luck to you with your presale down payment. ALOT of people lost ALOT of money. I wish you well.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Let me get my blanket, Chicken soup and my Vit C, because I feel a cold coming on in the US.

SSE dream, Stating that the prices are going up $75-100K is a great way to scare more fish into the pond, sounds like salesman
not making their sales quota.

SSE dream don't take offense, many of us here on RPT have seen too many people drink this Kool aid and never recover when
the promises aren't fulfilled. They end up promoting how bad Mexico is to allow this to happen.

Buyer beware because this is Mexico and the rules are different here, recourse is almost non-existent here.
Ask some of those who were fleeced 10 years ago with some of the unfinished projects and recently with the
D. Butterfield, Esmerelda 15% return investment project.
We're just wary. Hope it works out for you.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Who owns the land there? Did you check the landowner at the registry?? Did you check for liens against the property. Did you get full disclosure who the partners are??

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
Just went out there yesterday to look around. Had not been there in years. Personally I hope it works out but I find it way to far away and isolated. Went to La Jolla also. I remember when there was great plans for that. I now understand why they are saying the towers will have a starbucks , bowling alley , etc. It's lack the convience of being close to town , one thing that Sandy beach has going for it.

Landshark

Well Known Member
For the record, and for the sake of the people that have already invested their money in this proposed property, I hope it succeeds. Since this thread is now displayed on Google when you search for Encantame Towers, I think it’s important that Miramar’s post from the Encantame Tower Owners thread be displayed here as well. Most people will do their research before investing and in most cases will include a Google search. The links that Miramar included should be available for proposed investors so they can understand the history and risks of investing in unfinished properties or properties that haven’t even broken ground. Once again, I hope it succeeds.

SSE Dream, I suggest you are the one who needs to leave if you plan on silencing us! I remember Riviera Real saying there would be restaurants, and a highway from the airport. We've heard and seen everything-obviously you have not. Here are good sites to see the damages: http://rockypointexposed.blogspot.com/2008/01/rockypointexposedcom.html
https://tucson.com/business/investo...cle_10f53cde-e10f-5c3f-a438-5edf56c43e1e.html
my favorite: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=3403&type=all

marybna

Well Known Member
I bought at the Villages. The lot is paid for but I do not think I own anything. Even though I paid cash for the lot I never received title or any paper work.