English speaking doctors for injured knee?


Junior Member

I'm trying to decide to see a doctor here or wait until December when we are back in Tucson. I believe I may have a torn meniscus. My knee is very swollen, and I can barely bend it.

Tried ice three times a day, and after four days now, no improvement.

Any suggestions concerning English speaking doctors here in Rocky Point who specialize in knees?


Terry C

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
You might try the following. But if I was you I wouldn't mess with it as it might cause more problems down the road.
Dr. Gonzalez Sandy Beach Urgent Care(Formerly ONE STOP Medical Clinic)(638) 388-7676 Costero boulevard Col. Sandy Beach
(where the Acropolis project used to be)

WebMD notes,
Conservative treatment — such as rest, ice and medication — is sometimes enough to relieve the pain of a torn meniscus and give the injury time to heal on its own. In other cases, however, a torn meniscus requires surgical repair.


Well Known Member
We have used that doctor. Great service for minor things such as blood sugar check, problem with an insulin pen that wouldn't dispense and needed syringes.


Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
You will need an MRI to determine the extent of your injury. If you have crappy insurance like most do these days you can get one in AZ for $325 cash up front.


Junior Member
Dr Juan Fernando Dominguez Garcia ( Dr Dominguez) GP, 638-105-3298 Santa Fe Clinic on Sinaloa ( Not the hospital but the clinic side) speaks english and can refer you to specialists cost of consultaion is $40.00 US