Entry into Sonoyta

JoseAz

Well Known Member
We drove down this morning and no request for Mx insurance. Going back to Tucson, that newer Xray machine took 10 minutes to get through. I told them you're going to be backing up traffic if it gets busy. He said "we're trying to get the kinks out".

We never had a problem with the old one like the new one
Tell us more about the xray machine. they were still doing the site prep work last time we went down

Roberto

Well Known Member
I repeat...I was told years ago that you are NOT required to show a policy or to have one. If you have an accident and are determined to be at fault your vehicle will be impounded a fine and total to make the repair will be imposed on the party determined to be at fault if you go to court. The the vehicle is released only when the court and both parties agree the cost is paid.My personal experience is that if both parties agree on repair costs money changes hands directly you never go to court and you go about your way. Often the police never appear and you do not go to court because you get tired of waiting. Much more money in collecting curb fines.

RP Life

Well Known Member
I repeat...I was told years ago that you are NOT required to show a policy or to have one. If you have an accident and are determined to be at fault your vehicle will be impounded a fine and total to make the repair will be imposed on the party determined to be at fault if you go to court. The the vehicle is released only when the court and both parties agree the cost is paid.My personal experience is that if both parties agree on repair costs money changes hands directly you never go to court and you go about your way. Often the police never appear and you do not go to court because you get tired of waiting. Much more money in collecting curb fines.
I still can't believe this debate is still going on about insurance....Good luck with that....lol

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
The Xray machine is not under the shaded area (I think there's still one there, but this one is bigger and taller).They were directing all traffic through this machine so you can imagine the bottleneck on a busy day vs Saturday afternoon. There's a small building to the right of it, apparently with the instrumentation that controls it, and a guard had to go inside to check on it. You drive through 5-7mph and wait, maybe 3-5 minutes. It looked like there was another one to the left of this one, but it wasn't working.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
They will probably put a shade structure over them for ?? millions of $$, the current regime running HLS spends our tax $$ so well.
Thank goodness we have China as our friends so they buy our bonds so we can print more $$ and lend us more of the Covid19,
or as Queenie would say "the China Virus":cool:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
driving thru Sonora if they stop you they DO ask for proof of MX insurance, which it is mandatory for everybody driving in Mexico, Portugal Insurance under $100 USD for the year in my 06 Prius, so it is worth having it, and yes I have been asked in HMO and Kino and in between, although I do have to say that my sticker of "friends without borders" got me out of speeding tickets a few times and of course being 100% bilingual
Inka! WTF MAN?! I was paying $60 per WEEKEND for a 20 year old truck?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you bullshitting us?! Please tell me you're kidding!!! Is there someone you can link me with? I've been wanting a year policy but WITHOUT breaking the bank.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Whether or not insurance is required may be moot because honestly, if someone did ask for the insurance in Mexico what are they going to do with it? Look up the policy number in their ass? I doubt they have a nationalized computer system in the vehicle to check registration and insurance???? This is the reason IMHO that they don't try and enforce speed on MEX 8 between Sonoyta and RP. They don't write tickets in Mexico with faith that you will pay it at a later time. I had SOMEONE with a radar gun stop me when I was 19 in the middle of the desert and said I was going 125kph and wanted to take me to NOGALES to pay the fine??????????? HUH???? I swear to god that's what the guy said. I played dumb and got a WARNING. It was February 04 I believe. Valentines weekend. Rainy and absolutely not another white person in sight.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Inka! WTF MAN?! I was paying $60 per WEEKEND for a 20 year old truck?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you bullshitting us?! Please tell me you're kidding!!! Is there someone you can link me with? I've been wanting a year policy but WITHOUT breaking the bank.
Joe, I have a 2006 Toy Prius and only liability, with Alejandro for the past 25 years, that might be a reason too, and I do get the actual policy with the Mexican company, not just an email stating you are covered by them!!
Of course the more you want to cover the more expensive, considering nowadays my 06 Prius is like having a vocho!!!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, I have a 2006 Toy Prius and only liability, with Alejandro for the past 25 years, that might be a reason too, and I do get the actual policy with the Mexican company, not just an email stating you are covered by them!!
Of course the more you want to cover the more expensive, considering nowadays my 06 Prius is like having a vocho!!!
I guarantee your 06 Prius is worth the same amount as my 20 year old Tacoma... So basically what I'm saying is.... I've been getting bent over by SANDBORNS.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, a drivers license policy (liability only) costs $60-80 per year.
Annual policy with coverage for a vehicle say $20k value is probably under $500 a year.
I use Pro Alliance insurance here in Penasco.
What's the difference between license policy vs actual policy on the vehicle? I'd say my vehicle is only worth $10k for insurance purpose. Pry could get $12k on the secondary market.

I just need the policy that keeps me out of jail and the vehicle out of impound. For as cheap as possible. Paying $60 per trip for insurance is an absolute joke!

playaperro

El Pirata
A friend of the girl I was dating called her to meet up so they came over picked my date up and they needed to go into town and buy stuff, they went to beach to ride horses and banana ride met
Oup with the Mexicali cartel and they came back wasted but got invited to some party at Choya, boy was I thrilled. They slept the peda off and when sun was setting it was time to go to quinceneda. I got in my car with my friend and her friend with some friends that had accompanied her.
well on the way to choya the other car sideswiped another didn’t look to bad but she split I pulled over told the couple in sideswiped car that I would take care of damages, they said no. We going to call the cops, ok I said later told them. Went down the street and cops had pulled friend over about 5 police cars. Shit we in for a good one, my friend goes to car and starts pulling out passengers and she gets arrested. Obstruction of justice cuffed her told her to police car and she was gone. Called the passengers over and gave them ride back home told them to sit tight.
So when I got to cop station half the town was outside, so I walked in went to window and they had ordered pizza I knew on my tab. So the police chief comes out and says come outside and look at damages. Went and looked at car and it was missing the skins had plastic wrap around the doors instead of stock doors and she had only hit the bar down the middle. Then there was 2 ambulances and the couple were in neck braces like really.
So I went in to bail the 2 trouble makers out and they wanted 3000 pesos for obstructing justice and couple grand for damages to car. I bailed one out and told the cops her boyfriend a lawyer from USA was coming to bail her out. They took her to back building and locked her up.
Went home about 11pm and a couple hours later they brought her to house saying she was disrupting the other inmates.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
A friend of the girl I was dating called her to meet up so they came over picked my date up and they needed to go into town and buy stuff, they went to beach to ride horses and banana ride met
Oup with the Mexicali cartel and they came back wasted but got invited to some party at Choya, boy was I thrilled. They slept the peda off and when sun was setting it was time to go to quinceneda. I got in my car with my friend and her friend with some friends that had accompanied her.
well on the way to choya the other car sideswiped another didn’t look to bad but she split I pulled over told the couple in sideswiped car that I would take care of damages, they said no. We going to call the cops, ok I said later told them. Went down the street and cops had pulled friend over about 5 police cars. Shit we in for a good one, my friend goes to car and starts pulling out passengers and she gets arrested. Obstruction of justice cuffed her told her to police car and she was gone. Called the passengers over and gave them ride back home told them to sit tight.
So when I got to cop station half the town was outside, so I walked in went to window and they had ordered pizza I knew on my tab. So the police chief comes out and says come outside and look at damages. Went and looked at car and it was missing the skins had plastic wrap around the doors instead of stock doors and she had only hit the bar down the middle. Then there was 2 ambulances and the couple were in neck braces like really.
So I went in to bail the 2 trouble makers out and they wanted 3000 pesos for obstructing justice and couple grand for damages to car. I bailed one out and told the cops her boyfriend a lawyer from USA was coming to bail her out. They took her to back building and locked her up.
Went home about 11pm and a couple hours later they brought her to house saying she was disrupting the other inmates.
Jesus DOG, I'm so dizzy reading this I almost puked. Is this English? Basically all I got out of this is someone hit someone. Holly shit my man. I'd rather read the story in Spanish. Maybe I would have understood it better....

Kenny

Well Known Member
Went home about 11pm and a couple hours later they brought her to house saying like a teenager .
Ha, I love it! The dog is out riding around with a bunch of shit faced partygoers like a teenager. I thought it was a great story. The "she was disrupting the other inmates." was a great kicker.