Every car checked

rugbyrivera

We came through the lukeville port of entry on Saturday, crossing into mexico. And guess what!?!? We waited 30 minutes to come in! It was weird. They were stopping every car at the inspection point whether you got a green or red light. They were opening packages and coolers and checking car registrations. It was strange and I was wondering if anyone knew what in the world was going on.

rugbyrivera

We came through around 330/4 and it was every car, so maybe it started just after you came through.
A girl was on the outside of the gate and she walked to every car and told us,"we are checking every car, so even if you get the green you have to pull into and inspection space." Then recorded out plate number.
We did seem to be in a relatively short line when we pulled up but it was backed up far beyond the lukeville gas station when I looked back just before pulling off.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
I hope this was simply due to some temporary "alert." They've"tightened" the crossing requirements considerably as of late, and additional obstacles at the border will not encourage tourism.

dmcauley

Well Known Member
I hope this was simply due to some temporary "alert." They've"tightened" the crossing requirements considerably as of late, and additional obstacles at the border will not encourage tourism.
The lines aren't getting any shorter, no discouragement yet that I can see.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
We didn't have any issues either I just wonder what was going on.
If you noticed, there were people in 2 different uniforms working. One group were the regular Mexican customs agents and the other group were Mexican agriculture agents. The agriculture agents were looking for anything organic.... Customs agents were checking registrations. I had a 40 pound bag of fertilizer, in my pickup, the girl checking me asked me to help her lift it out of the pickup,so she could read the ingredients to make sure it didn't contain anything organic. It didn't so she sent me on my way...http://www.sagarpa.gob.mx/Paginas/default.aspx

Last edited:

GV Jack

Snorin God
The Tucson paper this morning reported that a Mexican national was stopped at the Lukeville crossing, Saturday.

It appears he had an AK-47, with ammo and stuff and he was apprehended. I suspect that had something to do with
the step up in inspections.

Aside to Carnac...You actually had to buy fertilizer?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The Tucson paper this morning reported that a Mexican national was stopped at the Lukeville crossing, Saturday.

It appears he had an AK-47, with ammo and stuff and he was apprehended. I suspect that had something to do with
the step up in inspections.

Aside to Carnac...You actually had to buy fertilizer?
That's your sneaky way of telling me I'm full of sh#t..

GV Jack

Snorin God
Yeah, that explains why McDonald's stock is dropping like a rock today. I will really miss my Junior Breakfast Meal that you so
reluctantly buy me. While at Mama's I get stuck with the Extravaganza Pig Out Plate.