Every time we visit Rocky Point

apb739

Every time we visit Rocky Point, the minute we leave, the plans for our return visit starts. We enjoy the beach, people, businesses and laid back pace. For those of living close or living there (we live in Colorado) you are sooooo lucky.

We just got back from 5 days there. Great food, weather, golf and relaxing fun (even went and saw the “ship wreck”.....sad). We stayed at a condo. The tv was broken and no internet. My teenaged kids cried the first day...we actually had to spend some quality time talking :). After the shock of being in the “stone age” (as one of my sons complained), we had a great time!

We have traveled the world....and yes there is better (fill in ______). But when you compare the combination of what Rocky Point has to offer, you have a true winner.

Planning on maybe spring break...back to the “stone age”!

El Gato

On a recent visit our grandson asked our son, "What did you do all day when there was no internet or tv here?" DS answered, "We got up at the break of day to plan our next adventure. Every single day was an adventure, although we never did manage to catch the big lizard." On hearing the last, I realized how lucky I was that they hadn't 'completed' that adventure - and I'm sure that there were a lot more I didn't want to know about.

I am a huge sports fan with my team loyalties. If I am at home and one of them is playing I am invariably in front of the tube. When I am in PP even if one of my teams is playing in a championship game the last thing I want to do is to turn the tube on and watch the game. There is an intoxicating allure of the sea that consumes my spirit when I am there. Just sitting outside or walking the beach allows me the ultimate alternate reality that puts the rest of my life in perspective.

El Gato

Have you gone to the Tiburones baseball games? They are a blast and the best seats cost 50 pesos - hard to beat. Takes one back to one's childhood of neighborhood summer night games. parking is easy - everyone is having a great time - and if you are lucky you get to see the batboy dance.

I am a huge sports fan with my team loyalties. If I am at home and one of them is playing I am invariably in front of the tube. When I am in PP even if one of my teams is playing in a championship game the last thing I want to do is to turn the tube on and watch the game. There is an intoxicating allure of the sea that consumes my spirit when I am there. Just sitting outside or walking the beach allows me the ultimate alternate reality that puts the rest of my life in perspective.

Esperanza

You all are making me CRAZY!!!! I get it, I want it and am trying to find a way to be there full time. No matter how many times a month we are there, it is never enough! Life is so simple there...so peaceful and relaxing! My soul is renewed every time I'm there. Ahhhhhhh

apb739

For those of you that golf, we played at Laguna Del Mar two times. The course is OK...but when they’re done with it, its going to be awesome. The price was great and the staff very friendly! My only complaint was that all the water claimed several balls! I guess I need to work on my game! I highly recommend the course. It’s fun, priced right and the people there are great. I did not realize they have condo/houses there. I am thinking maybe we’ll try staying out there next time. Anyone have a review of staying there or who is the best person to contact for rental info?