Eye Glasses Repair

El Gato

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of a good place in town to get eye glasses repaired? Or to get new glasses?

Tks. Gata

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Optica Turati in the Centro next to the Botica Lux he is a very nice man who speaks fluent English you will like your experience there. I caution he may not be open till next week but you could try. (semana santa)

Optica Turati

English Speaking

Melchor Ocampo #144-A, Rocky Point, 83550

Ph: (638) 383-4645

Alt Ph: (044) 638 386-7114 - cell

Office Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 2:00 pm 4:00 - 8:00 pm Say 9:00 am - 2:00 pm

We have a full optical lab on site. Prescription glasses the same day. More than 500 frames on display. Free eye exam. Express service. We have sunglasses, contacts & plastic Rx lenses. In business since 1932.

El Gato

Well Known Member
Thank you. Can you give directioins? I tend to get lost easily (would NEVER make it on the Amazing Race) and I give my DH even worse directions! I never seem to know which streets I'm on - I just wander around - can't get used to how many streets there are now! Before there was the road to the Port and the road to the Playa Hermosa & Choya Bay - then to the desalting plant :)

I take it that his prices are reasonable? Better then AZ?

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
Gato,

When you're on Benito Juarez (Like coming FROM the Old Port), Go through the stoplight of Calle 13, and continue on benito juarez, to the next stoplight, turn right at this stoplight, at the big discount store called "AKA SI", once you turn right, continue straight on that road (Melchor Ocampo), you will see a paint store on the right hand side called Techos Paredes, the next block I believe, on the LEFT side theres a big green pharmacy called "Botica Lux", well, the "Optica Turati" eyeglass store, is in the next building after the pharmacy. It's a little yellow building. In the store there are 2 english speaking employees, Gustavo Turati (owner of the store), and Carlos Garcia (front desk). Gustavo will take care of you and will work with you on the prices. Many many many people come from the states to have Gustavo do their eyeglass repairs and fittings because hes really the best in Penasco and he works with you on the prices.

Hope I helped!

El Gato

Well Known Member
Great directions - thank you. I've even been on that street - just didn't know where I was lol. Once my daughter and I got lost and were in and out of 3 States in our wanderings (CT, NJ & NY).

El Gato

Well Known Member
That's probably the same one. Was put together by the UofA and Penasco I believe. As I recall Penasco was suppose to build the road out to the site. Equipment arrived and no road. No problemo - guy jumps into his jeep, drives out to site and back and announces "there's the road". We got stuck in the sand quite often going out there. Best tide pools were there as I recall. Hard getting old, memory plays tricks.

El Gato

Well Known Member
Believe it would have been in mid/late 60's???? Unless it is a family tree I'm not real good with dates. At the time Penasco was still getting all it's water delivered by the water trucks from the well 17 miles out of town. You DID NOT waste water in those days! Hard to come by. The trucks rolled up and down the highway constantly. They were leaky tin buckets :) I still am very concious of using water. Grew up in Phoenix (moved there in mid 40's) and they used to ration water - could only water lawns on certain days and at certain times. Water was turned off a lot too. We got our first swamp cooler when I was 13.

How long ago was this?

playaperro

El Pirata
I was not aware of that desalt plant. Don't even know which direction it is. The one I was talking about is the one they built for the new condo's that are north of the
road in Las Conchas. Its about 3/4 mile north of the Las Conchas road and its a stand alone building.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Is there something wrong with my computer. How did that jump to a desal plant happen ??

Maybe I need new glasses?

Last edited:

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
Rocky Point &
Rocky Point based forums &
General Threads &
Thread about eyeglasses &
Optica Turati &
Helpful comments about Optica Turati &
De-Sal Plant???? What???

Gemstone

Does anyone know of a good place in town to get eye glasses repaired? Or to get new glasses?

Tks. Gata
If your damage is minimal, repairing your glasses might be a good option. An example of a simple repair that you could probably handle yourself would be a screw coming loose from a hinge.
If the damage to your glasses is more serious, such as a bent frame, lenses that have popped out, or cracks in the frame or lenses, it is better to bring your eyeglasses. You can have from your local eyewear store or go for an online shops like Zenni optical, Framesbuy etc.