Favorite Recipe

We cook a lot. Rather than answer your question I’ll post a few tips. Be familiar with what you can and cannot reliably find in town. When you come down for extended visits bring pantry staples and some perishables that are difficult to find locally. For us this includes many cheeses, some sauces, peanut butter, and some canned goods. Chef Store near Numeros is an essential resource, especially for Italian cooking. Fresh basil and other herbs can be difficult or impossible to find, so plant an herb garden if you are down for several months. If you like to prepare Asian or Indian cuisine, plan ahead and bring spices, sauces, and almost everything else except fresh vegetables and fish. Super Ley is consistently the best overall place for getting groceries, but you may need to go to three or four places if you’re planning a dinner party and you have a fixed ingredient list in mind. Be open to substitutions or default to easy sides like mashed potatoes and green beans when slightly less common choices prove inaccessible. The New York Times has great recipes that in my experience always work well. There must be 20 or more different preparations of shrimp on their data base. Grilled shrimp with a side of pasta with a simple sauce made from butter and Parmesan, pesto, or a tomato sauce prepared from a can of peeled tomatoes simmered for an hour (with a lid) with garlic, oregano, and a little olive oil, makes a tasty meal with local and pantry staples.

Good info! A few years ago Tartar sauce and Cocktail sauce was a task. I learned from that simple hiccup. Spices, sauces all the alike required special preparation for.

Potatoes peeled and sliced, onions sliced 5 gloves garlic minced, fresh dill, butter, salt and pepper. Layer potatoes,onion, garlic dill salt and pepper. Table spoon of butter per layer. Preheat BBQ 400 - 450 cook from 30 - 40 minutes. The more it sizzles the browner the first layer will be. At our table we all dig to the bottom. Flatter the tinfoil pan the browner the layer gets.