Fear of Taking Kids to Mexico.

Rick S.

I never felt any danger either. I have been going down for over 28yrs. Everything was just fine up until last yr, then things changed....... I think I finally have the courage to go back, but wouldn't bring kids w/me. Macho changed my way of thinking that day.

Attachments

jerry

I never felt any danger either. I have been going down for over 28yrs. Everything was just fine up until last yr, then things changed....... I think I finally have the courage to go back, but wouldn't bring kids w/me. Macho changed my way of thinking that day.
that guy had to really drop his asking price on that truck

ben21

Totally understandable for anyone that was around that day...

Landshark

Totally understandable for anyone that was around that day...
Same could be said for anyone at the Colorado movie theater shooting, the Tucson Safeway shooting, the Boston marathon bombing, and, and. At least in Mexico you mostly know who the bad guys are and what their motives are. The deal with Macho was all about his business practices and the authorities doing their job. Excessive? Yes, by our standards, but no force directed against those not involved, and nobody injured that wasn't involved. Gabby wishes the deal at the Safeway could have had the same outcome. We live in a violent world and you can only hope you aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time, and yeah, the Macho thing would have scared the crap out of me too...

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Here is my take... at least in Mexico the violence is directed toward a specific target. In the US, that target could be random from the guy who's wife cheated on him to the guy who is angry at the world. Often times the police will look the other way in Mexico when one of the bad guys falls out of line, why... because someone within the criminal organization will take care of the rouge employee.

jerry

Here is my take... at least in Mexico the violence is directed toward a specific target. In the US, that target could be random from the guy who's wife cheated on him to the guy who is angry at the world. Often times the police will look the other way in Mexico when one of the bad guys falls out of line, why... because someone within the criminal organization will take care of the rouge employee.
mostly untrue...random,innocent people are killed every day.This belief is just a way to shrug off and point the finger at the pain our drug use has caused the guiltless mexican people to suffer.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
mostly untrue...random,innocent people are killed every day.This belief is just a way to shrug off and point the finger at the pain our drug use has caused the guiltless mexican people to suffer.
of course random violence happens everywhere. Since the website is about Rocky Point, I am pointing to Rocky Point as an example of the targeted violence vs. the non targeted violence you hear of in other areas. Yes, bullets spray regardless of where one is (can't prevent that). However you don't often hear about a loco resident of rocky point randomly shooting at people (I'm sure we have an example here and there, but maybe not at the level of areas in the US where random violence is really random... no rhyme or reason for it). Dad was mad, Son watches too much violence on TV, postal worker is done with his job, student is tired of being made fun of, etc.

Roberto

As the pressure has increased on the acquisition and transfer of drugs to and across the border, many of the cells have experienced a marked reduction in income and have resorted to other means of generating income to pay the sometimes extensive staff of little people, halcons, etc. If a cell loses a load, they have to pay the boss the value of the load. Those alternative means of generating income include, collecting protection, kidnapping, abducting young women for prostitution and a few other activities. The victims are mostly local residents but often not affiliated directly with any cartel cell. Visitors are pretty much spared, unless they look Mexican and or have business in an area. Pretty broad specific target.

Also the idea that it is a good thing when one cell shoots up another cell or a rogue member, leads to lawlessness and enforcement becoming cop, jury, judge and executioner. Any civilized society investigates a murder, irrespective of who did the shooting. Murder is murder. Overlooking it creates a permissive atmosphere.

jerry

Local example...6 young guys working on a campo near me in 2008 ..just field workers were rounded up with 3 bosses in the game.They were each shot in both knees and watched as one by one they were cut up with a cordless 18 volt sawsall,thrown in a van and dumped at a checkpoint...just boys

Rick S.

Excessive? Yes, by our standards, but no force directed against those not involved, and nobody injured that wasn't involved. Gabby wishes the deal at the Safeway could have had the same outcome. We live in a violent world and you can only hope you aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time, and yeah, the Macho thing would have scared the crap out of me too...

"Nobody injured that wasn't involved"?

The truck in the photo I posted was owned-driven by 2 Cholla Bay fisherman (ages 20 and 15) who got caught in the fire accidentally. They happen to be driving by and tried to get the hell out of there when the Blackhawk's started firing the mini guns. Same thing that would have happened to me probably if I decided to try and make a run for it. Several cars were shot up trying to leave Bella Sirena.

Landshark

"Nobody injured that wasn't involved"?
The truck in the photo I posted was owned-driven by 2 Cholla Bay fisherman (ages 20 and 15) who got caught in the fire accidentally. They happen to be driving by and tried to get the hell out of there when the Blackhawk's started firing the mini guns. Same thing that would have happened to me probably if I decided to try and make a run for it. Several cars were shot up trying to leave Bella Sirena.
I read as much as I could find right after the incident but don't remember that. Thanks for clarifying, makes it even scarier. Smart that you holed up until the dust settled. Making a run for it would have been a good way to get your ass shot off. Just bad luck to have been there that day.