Fish Story for November 4, 2016

Shawno

Well Known Member
I took friend Dave Roberts out fishing Friday on my 27' Cobia center console “Yellowtail Chaser". It was windy the day before and the seas were still a bit angry even though the wind had died down. We took our time catching bait waiting for the seas to lie down. We caught plenty of large bonefish, spotted bass, and sand perch; and a few precious mackerel and baby yellowtail jacks. When the bait tank was full we hit the throttle towards the deep reefs at 40 to 51 miles south. The fish were hungry and we had a blast. First up was a bronze whaler shark, probably close to 100 pounds. Next was a black sea bass at 60 to 70 pounds, followed by 4 leopard grouper, 2 red snapper, 5 white sea bass, 12 goldspot bass, 2 skipjacks, and 1 ocean whitefish. Dave hooked up with a big mako shark that fought hard and finally broke his line while jumping next to the boat. After that the bite cooled off we packed up and sped towards the marina on glossy seas at almost 50 mph.
Another great day on the amazing Sea of Cortez!
Shawno
20161104_120200.jpg Full page photo.jpg 20161104_110548.jpg 20161104_113116.jpg 20161104_144448.jpg 20161104_193314.jpg

Kelney

Well Known Member
Looks like a much better than average weekend with just about the most variety of fish that I have seen. Nice to see a red snapper hitting the deck again. How did you know that was a bronze whaler shark? I would not have ever guessed that here in our waters.

Shawno

Well Known Member
I'm guessing it was a bronze whaler, but it could be a blacktip. We had dozens of sharks around the boat a week ago. Some are obviously blacktips, but others were brownish without black tips.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk