Fishing 9/18 and 9/19 2010

dmcauley

Willy and I headed out on calm seas aboard my boat "Josefina" on Saturday morning with high hopes of catching large numbers of WSB about 25 miles offshore. Had no problem making bait and we were off and running early. We fished our first drifts for about two hours and didn't get anything except very small bites and a lot of bait stealing so we headed east to another favorite spot about 5 miles away only to find a dive boat on my rock. We fished the high tide and managed to catch 4 small WSB but that was it for the day. Later in the day Mike auditore and Dennis arrived from the deeper reefs w/ large numbers of big gold spots and several other species. This made up my mind to fish 50+ miles out Sunday.
Sunday morning I woke up with a lot of back pain so about 15 miles from shore I headed south to some favorite rocks arriving about 930 am. We were having no luck on squid so I told Willy to try a scampi w/ a live bait and right off the fishing was on. We had very few live baits but made the best of them over the next two hours and caught 1 nice pinto about 17 lbs and three sardinero 23-26 lbs. We ran out of bait and ran in early, satisfied that the weekend was fruitful and we could go home early.

you had a good trip Dan any day that you can go out and catch fish is a plus, it looks like I dont have to work on the 2nd day of Oct, maybe the weather will be on my side, plan to fish a couple of days

I hope the fish hanger is back, I had that made 5 years aga, I might want to hang my hat on it to dry it if the wind is blowing