Fishing at Desomboque and Lobos

Had a chance to fish on a 60' Viking, boy that is a different world, We left RP Friday mourning caught bait at the 12, had 30+ greenbacks in the livewell, arrived in Des at 12:00 noon, everyone had a live mack on, first fish of the day was a leopard maybe 10lbs next one was a bit larger, 3rd one was 15lbs, then I got hit by a larger fish, 65lb Gulf, about 5:00 P.M fishing came to a halt, we then anchored and grilled one of the leopards that was great, next mourning we took off for a rock someone gave me years ago calledthe 70, arrived and nothing there, but there were fish boiling everywhere they turned out to be Bonitas in the 12 to 15lb area, we caught approx 15 of them, we arrived at Lobos at 2:00 P.M and went to a rock where I have caught some large snapper, tried my jig for almost one hour with no results, I thought I would change rigs and on the way to the surface I got hit by a nice yellowtail, all in all we caught 5 ate one that night what a treat, next mourning we went back to Des and we caught 3 nice pintas they all puked out fish skins looks like the shrimpboats bycatch is feeding all the bottom fish,all in all a great trip

dmcauley

Thanks for the report Art. You are one of the few that can still catch a sizable grouper in the winter. Looking forward to making some trips on that Pursuit in the future. In the interim it's time to head out on the Josefina for deep water fish.