Fishing off shore week of 5/12/14

sampson

Playing Hooky

This

week was quite windy. I was fishing from shore in front of the Sonoran Sun. I took it to the fish market and they made a few fillets. It was tasty, white flaky meat. Has anyone else ever got something like this? I was told it was shovel nose shark.

Attachments

don

The locals call them guitarfish. And, like you discovered, the locals have told me they are quite tasty. Supposedly they'll cut circles out of the shovel and sell them as scallops. Great shore fighter, eh?

The locals call them guitarfish. And, like you discovered, the locals have told me they are quite tasty. Supposedly they'll cut circles out of the shovel and sell them as scallops. Great shore fighter, eh?
Yes... I have heard that as well. Beware of the fake scallops. If they are perfectly round and look like the were cookie cuttered...then they prob are fakes. But the average Joe wouldn't know the diff.

Attachments

sampson

Playing Hooky
Thanks for all your replys, We are going back this weekend going to give it another try to see what I can pull I this time.

This
week was quite windy. I was fishing from shore in front of the Sonoran Sun. I took it to the fish market and they made a few fillets. It was tasty, white flaky meat. Has anyone else ever got something like this? I was told it was shovel nose shark.
Cool catch.