fishing report 1-17-10

ReelHard

grouper slayer
scott and i left for rocky point sat. grabbed the boat and gased here up. went to safe marina and got everything geared up for sunday. so we met up with dave and rick and told them to be ready for the morning. bouy weather called for flat seas. we meet at 5 am. and launched the boat. and off we went. it took about an hour and a half. to make it to the reef we planned on fishing. we all dropped down and were hooked up. rick had on a giant black sea bass which he fought for about 10 min. that finally pulled the hook. and dave scott and i boated 3 nice fish. through out the day the bite was wide open. never had a dull moment. lots of laughing ,joking and picking on rick for losing the big fish of the day. lots of red snapper,white sea bass,calico bass and ocean white fish to be had by all. we left to head back at 3:30 and had a nice ride back in. wish we could of fished longer but i had to get back for work in the morning. for all who didnt go you missed out. the drift speed was never more than 0.8 . and pretty smooth seas through out the day. had a little fog from about 8 till 10. great day on the water with fantastic company.

Attachments

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Nice catch (I'd expect no less from you salty dawgs)!

I was looking at the nice tide this coming weekend. I wish Buoyweather looked as pretty as the tide! Red flags a flyin' during the week. Don't know if the sea will settle down enough to make it worth a trip on Sat. <sigh> Already looking at Feb 6.

dmcauley

Nice catch! Did you see the black? Lots of big fish out there. Not looking good this weekend, wish I Had gone out but just couldn't make it.