Flash Flooding on Highway 86

MIRAMAR

The Vamori Wash and Sam Simon wash are flooded- and it's headed toward Penasco. Highway 86 has flash flood warnings as well.
Be careful!

mis2810

How do you find out which washes are flooded? I was thinking about that today. I'm driving down early - really early - Saturday morning. We're supposed to have another storm Friday.

mis2810

I don't think Phoenix does it. I've never heard anything but a general flash flood warning - be careful around washes - announcement in 34 years. But then again who knows, it used to just be monsoon season and everyone looked forward to some nice afternoon storms. Now all the TV stations have special Monsoon Reports, half hour long specials at the beginning of the season. But what really kills me is the Doomsday-like warnings we've been getting on our cell phones. The same sound they use for testing the emergency broadcast system on TV is what they use for storms. It's crazy in the office when everyone's phone goes off at the same time.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We sat on the roof deck in our hood and watched the lighting show up over the Pinacates for a long while last night on a very cool evening. Then awoke at about 4:00 am to torrential downpour. It lasted for about 30 minutes, then resumed again at about 7:00 am. Some water made it in the house but not too much! The streets out front are like a lake.