flights from Scottsdale

marybna

My Hoa sent me a message about flight from Scottsdale airport for $100 each way. I can't remebber the name of the airline.

Mary

El Gato

A couple of our Board members have been in touch with them as it would be great for Penasco. Our feeling is that a full flight at reasonable fares will work - while an almost empty flight at high fares will most likely fail. The management of Jet Purple appears to be thinking along our lines. They are trying to get an idea of how many people might be interested. Scottsdale has it's own customs, so can be a direct flight. Because it is a small airport they are guessing you would need to be there about 15 minutes before flight time. According to their web site, Home you get 2 bags free (3rd at $15) and if you have a small pet in a carrier your pet would fly free as well. As of now they are talking about a book of 10 tickets for $1,000 - which could be used by anyone. A single flight would cost more then averaging the book of 10, but would be available. Our granddaughters like the idea as they could hop on the plane, not worry about the long drive, gas, insurance, border waits and they would have more time at the beach and in the pool.

ben21

While I totally agree that this service would be awesome (I would use it probably once a month), can somebody with a little more knowledge than me in aviation explain how they can make any money at those rates? Between paying for a plane, pilot, fuel, maintenance, international fees, etc I just don't see how this is remotely feasible. My only guess is that local government is subsidizing?

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Someones gonna need a private transportation solution from the airport to the condos too! I know this guy......

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I have a meeting today regarding transportation, I would be happy to buy more vans if this works out.