Flights into RP

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
I know this an old topic....just looking for some new information.
Are there any flights from anywhere that are direct to RP?
I was only able to find this 9 passenger charter called WestWind in Scottsdale for $4500.
$500 a seat (if you could get 8 other people to split it with you).
Not even sure if that was round trip.

ben21

Well Known Member
I think they were the ones that were going to do the scheduled flights. Maybe it didn't work out?

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
Guess not. Their website had an initial price of $350 round trip. When I called and she said $4500 for the charter.... I about $H!t myself.
I thought someone had mentioned a flight out of Vegas.

ben21

Well Known Member
That's not bad for a round trip charter. I wonder how long the pilot would stay, or if they fly back until you're ready to go. Would be cool bachelor party, golf weekend, etc

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
back to this subject.
I have a friend that is in the military and he wants to got to RP. So they tell him he can't cross on land. (no idea why)
But if he can get a flight in, then its all good. So what flights can he get?

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
Our daughter is in the navy and is the same thing..most of mexico is off limits to active service men due to them being employed by the govt and the safety of govt travel in mexico due to violence. I think cabo and cozumel are the only ports they are allowed off cruise ships. They are not allowed land travel in mexico. She almost wasnt able to go to canada due to the shooting on parliment hill. So applies to not just mexico.

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
He's in the Air Force. So in theory, if PP had military transports flying in a out, then maybe he could hitch a ride.
US (or whomever) needs to get this air travel into PP figured out so all the cruise ship passengers can get there without having to drive.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Interesting. Not sure why they chose to re-launch Penasco stops in the middle of summer. Hope they can stay with it until the usual resurge of seasonal visitors in October . . . .

tortuga

Well Known Member
This is the high season. The summer months have the most occupancy, almost all Mexican nationals who will use these flights from Mexican cities. Ask anyone who lives full time in a Sandy Beach condo how hard it is to find a parking space in the summer.