Flounder fishing?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Going down to RP this weekend. Where's the best flounder fishing from the shoreline? Heard anything recent?
K

Kent, I like Cholla Bay during "season" on the North, North West side. Pretty sandy with rock outcrops. I think May is the end of Flounder season but they should still be there this weekend. I'm also heading down this weekend. I will be targeting flounder as well... Sign up for the Cholla Bay Sportsmans Fishing Derby. $10 bucks per weekend, two weekends left. This weekend and 21-24 May. 3 Categories, boat, shoreline, kayak... Good luck!

Joe, thanks for the tip! Looks like Corvina are running, they're fun to catch along with good eating.
I've caught many a flounder off the Playa Encanto point all the way into early June.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, thanks for the tip! Looks like Corvina are running, they're fun to catch along with good eating.
I've caught many a flounder off the Playa Encanto point all the way into early June.

Love The Corvina hunt as well... when they frenzy it's good fun all around. Would love to get into a few of those too... Damn it now you have me going to Phoenix Fishing Supply tomorrow for some swim bait... Thanks for the report!

Tight lines!

ChollaBay4LIfe

Love The Corvina hunt as well... when they frenzy it's good fun all around. Would love to get into a few of those too... Damn it now you have me going to Phoenix Fishing Supply tomorrow for some swim bait... Thanks for the report!

Tight lines!

ChollaBay4LIfe
Stock up on chrome 1/2oz. castmasters, corvina love 'em

Had a sweet bite @ La Pinta estuary this evening! 6 pompano, 3 corvina, and 2 flounder. Not much size but lots of fun. Three of the pompano were jumping like smallmouth and clearing the water a foot! High tide with a jointed rebel was the ticket. Tight lines and go rip some lips!