For Sale By Owner

Derek

I've decided to sell my home in RP. It was built in 2006 and its a three bedroom three bath fully furnished. It's about a block from the beach by the military base on the way to Sandy Beach. It's two stories with a balcony on the second floor and a deck on the roof that looks out at the ocean. I was told by a couple agents that it is worth around 200k but I'm willing to take less and look at all offers and will consider terms. If interested please call my friend Thure at 480-478-9541 (I will also consider trades)

I've decided to sell my home in RP. It was built in 2006 and its a three bedroom three bath fully furnished. It's about a block from the beach by the military base on the way to Sandy Beach. It's two stories with a balcony on the second floor and a deck on the roof that looks out at the ocean. I was told by a couple agents that it is worth around 200k but I'm willing to take less and look at all offers and will consider terms. If interested please call my friend Thure at 480-478-9541 (I will also consider trades)
Hi Derek, I am a local Realtor here in Rocky Point...do you have all the correct paperwork for your property i.e. Title or Bank Trust?

Derek

Good Evening Derek, What are you asking for this property?
Hi John, I don't have a set price in mind. I figured I'd see what people offered and consider them according to price and terms. I've been renting it short and long term and feel I could make a better return on my money here in the states so I'm willing to let it go for less than its value. Please feel free to call Thure and look at the property and make an offer on what you feel is a good price. Thx

Good Afternoon Derek,

Thank you you for getting back to me...That project has been quiet for sometime I think mainly to the project needing to be completed and cleaned up.

The last sales in there from what i can see were back in 2006 and that was for $145K...some have come on the market as low as $124K so i'm not sure you have talked to for pricing??

If you have a clean title and are interested in listing the property please let me know as this is what i do!

If you are trying to sell yourself with no marketing or MLS exposure it may take you a while to find a buyer...Just an FYI!

Have a great day and good luck to you.

John

Derek

Good Afternoon Derek,

Thank you you for getting back to me...That project has been quiet for sometime I think mainly to the project needing to be completed and cleaned up.

The last sales in there from what i can see were back in 2006 and that was for $145K...some have come on the market as low as $124K so i'm not sure you have talked to for pricing??

If you have a clean title and are interested in listing the property please let me know as this is what i do!

If you are trying to sell yourself with no marketing or MLS exposure it may take you a while to find a buyer...Just an FYI!

Have a great day and good luck to you.

John
Thank you for your research, the homes you are comparing do not have a two car garage and are not as large. Mine is actually a 3 master suite and a half bath. Also mine does not have the sewer issues as the ones down below.

Roberto

If that is a 'Trusted Friend' arrangement it is illegal so I would not spread that around. If her name is on the title, she is the owner, you are not, nor is your business the owner. Prior to the Fidiecomisso being available this occured with some frequency and the local lawyers made lots of money off later disputes. Trusted Friend passes and the children inherit and decide it is theirs, stuff like that. It is now viewed as a way the non Mexicans can avoid the expense of the Bank Trust and therefore was made illegal. Your arrangement in the US will have little influence here. If you do not have a bank trust you do not own it. Frankly does not seem that whatever arrangement you have up there will cover you in an illegal activity in a foreign country !!! Hope your friend is cooperative!!

Last edited:

Derek

She is a business partner with a vested interest. As for other properties I've used a Mexican corporation. We have legal counsel that keeps us on tract with the new laws, including all the crazy one adopted this year.

Derek,

Roberto you are so correct in stating the facts…over the years there have been many shady deals take place here in Rocky Point with many American and Foreign investors taken advantage of by crooked Developers and even Real Estate agents looking out for their own interests and cheating people out of their hard earned money. I would be careful especially under the new laws about buying and selling properties without the use of an Honest Licensed Real Estate agent.

Have a great day,

John

Derek

If that is a 'Trusted Friend' arrangement it is illegal so I would not spread that around. If her name is on the title, she is the owner, you are not, nor is your business the owner. Prior to the Fidiecomisso being available this occured with some frequency and the local lawyers made lots of money off later disputes. Trusted Friend passes and the children inherit and decide it is theirs, stuff like that. It is now viewed as a way the non Mexicans can avoid the expense of the Bank Trust and therefore was made illegal. Your arrangement in the US will have little influence here. If you do not have a bank trust you do not own it. Frankly does not seem that whatever arrangement you have up there will cover you in an illegal activity in a foreign country !!! Hope your friend is cooperative!!
. Hi Robert, I had my wife review our partnership and she thinks we're fine. She's gotten very good at reading English considering she's Mexican. She's also a great translator and a Trusted Friend :)

playaperro

El Pirata

Probably Jerry! Did the one that was listed for 124k ever sell.

Roberto

There are some 6 or so different styles, sizes of homes there. Price would depend on the model. I know of one very nice home for sale there for $180K right now. What model is your home??