For those who own condos

V

VacationVanessa

I think it's simply a matter of lifestyle preference and who they're catering too. Personally, I stayed out at Sonoran Spa last January and was not pleased. It was HUGE and mostly empty and I felt stranded. I'd never buy a condo out there because they price is stupid. I usually go down with a large group of people and we like staying in town so we all stay at PDS because it's small comparatively, reasonably priced and has a great pool in a perfect location.

That said, there are a lot of folks out there that want their home away from home in Mexico in a place that doesn't seem like it's in Mexico. From what I can tell, there are a lot of baby boomers who own and rent to the younger generation because, frankly, we're spoild brats who want everything fancy and pretty and are willing to pay for it. We're overconsumers.

The HOA fees tie directly into that. They're high because you have a significant amount of amenities, infrastructure and staff to pay for. But, you know, those weekend renters don't want to see dead plants or crap on the beach. I run a very large HOA in AZ and I'll tell you I have people complain about the cost of the HOA but then the same people call me demanding additional services and not realizing it has a cost involved...

Hey all It's not just Mexico. People who leased land from some Indian tribe in AZ had the same thing hapen to them. One day the indians walked in and said your leases are revoked, get out. I don't know the full details but there were bulldozers and burnings by the American owners. I say it that way as the indians living on Indial land are different. Reservations are Soverign Nations un to themselfs. They have there own laws and police forces. Eg. American crosses Indian land and has a gun in the vehicle, get stopped for any reason and the police person sees the gun, you will lose it to consfication and you can go to jail for having a gun on the Res. Now that is the American way of justice.

Roberto

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2209&dat=19770325&id=a6grAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Av0FAAAAIBAJ&pg=7039,4705846

Before Arizona matured, land fraud was also common. Mexico has to mature and legally protect its investors from unscrupulous carpetbaggers.
I used to have an old photo taken in North Albuquerque that was used to stimulate land sales in the 60's that showed mosquito jacks pumping 'oil' in the area. Of course they were hauled in and set down for sales purposes.

Don't get started about Florida !!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
/me is biding my time and staying put right here in AZ. Given recent seismic events, it's not long until a huge "earth re-adjustment event" occurs and the Land of Fruits and Nuts quivers right off into the Pacific ocean to become Atlantis. Then, all us AZ folks will have beachfront property!
:puff: