Forum deterioration is sad

Roberto

Recently, since the adolescents took over the forum, it has been difficult to glean anything useful. Sort of like searching at the landfill for a dime you dropped in your trash. A few have pretty much taken over for their own personal, immature, inconsiderate and childish amusement. Some of you are new, some have been around in the past.

Uncle Subster your life must be dismal to motivate you to come back and puke all over the place. Reminds me of the kid who loves to fart in public and giggle.

Hopefull you all will find something else to amuse you soon.

AZRob

Recently, since the adolescents took over the forum, it has been difficult to glean anything useful. Sort of like searching at the landfill for a dime you dropped in your trash. A few have pretty much taken over for their own personal, immature, inconsiderate and childish amusement. Some of you are new, some have been around in the past.

Uncle Subster your life must be dismal to motivate you to come back and puke all over the place. Reminds me of the kid who loves to fart in public and giggle.

HEY!!! Farts are funny! Pull my finger!:D

GV Jack

Snorin God
I know a few that are dedicated to Old Farts.

And for what it's worth, I totally agree with your comments.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I disagree, the forum deteriorates faster when there is no news. Take the fishing thread for example. I first found and joined this forum to discuss and read about fishing in RP. However, these days the fishing thread is fairly useless. Nothing new ever posts and that is what deteriorates the forum, when a whole thread dies because of lack of enthusiasm.

I'm sure Roberto is talking directly to me or at least I feel he is. I know I get OOC with these shock n3wbs sometimes but I'd rather have something to write and read about and keep me coming back to the forum than when I log in and there's one new post in the last 6 weeks and it's about how you get free chips with your beer at Beach Bum.

jerry

Hey Roberto, you and I both had a feeling something was up...hinted around about it....let it go....then stuff started happening and I put up the "Bad News Thread" it shockingly contained bad news.All the usual suspects got pissed,denied there was a there there there and here we are.I wonder if the alarm from town would have been sounded after the running gun battle and a roadblock setup if we would have had this horrible PR disaster.Hell they could have tagged Prietos truck and shot it from a chopper.

Roberto

Well, what I have been reading is far from news. It's a lot of opinion with few facts and lots of emotion. Seems like people with fixed opinions trying to sway others with equally fixed opinions and willing to speculate quite wildly sometimes based on scant information and virtually no facts. I am not directly talking to you Joe, but if you feel the shoe fits......... Just seems that things got out of control about the violence.

dmcauley

I disagree, the forum deteriorates faster when there is no news. Take the fishing thread for example. I first found and joined this forum to discuss and read about fishing in RP. However, these days the fishing thread is fairly useless. Nothing new ever posts and that is what deteriorates the forum, when a whole thread dies because of lack of enthusiasm.

I'm sure Roberto is talking directly to me or at least I feel he is. I know I get OOC with these shock n3wbs sometimes but I'd rather have something to write and read about and keep me coming back to the forum than when I log in and there's one new post in the last 6 weeks and it's about how you get free chips with your beer at Beach Bum.

Roberto

Hey Roberto, you and I both had a feeling something was up...hinted around about it....let it go....then stuff started happening .
Yes, as I mentioned, I seriously considered making some sort of cautionary prediction on the forum based on the patterns of shootings and rumors before the big shootout. I even discussed it online with someone else on the forum (to whom I give permission to confirm this).

Thinking back why I did not make some sort of statement I believe this was because I considered the reactions of forum members. Particularly the extremes on either end of the spectrum which posts preclude rational consideration and discussion. People who do not really read and consider what others are saying and are more interested in providing their opinions. Once the smoke generators start it's a waste of time and there sure was lots of smoke. Then people like Uncle Sub jump up to vomit all over just for the sake of feeling important I guess, and others appear out of the woodwork, all knowing and all seeing types puffing out the smoke. Ya know ya don't have to have an opinion about everything ! That thread got completely irrational from my perspective anyway, but what do I know. It's like a bad accident that draws the lookey loos.

Nice day yesterday here but cool and partly cloudy today. Actually used the heat in my apt. this AM.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Well, what I have been reading is far from news. It's a lot of opinion with few facts and lots of emotion. Seems like people with fixed opinions trying to sway others with equally fixed opinions and willing to speculate quite wildly sometimes based on scant information and virtually no facts. I am not directly talking to you Joe, but if you feel the shoe fits......... Just seems that things got out of control about the violence.

Not necessarily but I know how I get on here sometimes.

Sub

How exactly is this all my fault? I have what, 30 posts by now? Confined to less than 5 threads? If anyone has puked all over the forum perhaps look into the mirror.
God forbid I have anyone have an opinion different from yours.

JoseAz

I agree with your first post Roberto. I liked this forum more when it had information rather than just ramblings.

SeaSwell

Headin' to the Bezch
Guess I am one of those silent majority. I come on for information. We have a home there and travel back and forth. Information is greatly appreciated, but all the fighting is unproductive. Guess we don't understand why those who do not visit Rocky Point or actually have an interest in it even want to get so upset with each other. It has been a rough week and everyone deserves to come to their own conclusion how to handle it.

jerry

Again the Mexican military F Ed up and put a marker out there.Show me where they have attacked a tourist condo with a helicopter gunship before? Dipshit gangster man will be replaced but this story will live in the brain of every future customer when the Century 21 bimbo says the words "now is a good time to buy". This isn't a window of opportunity it is a gatiling gun hole.

Reactions: ron

jben

Roberto,

Your problem with this board is nothing new with any chat board. Comes down to moderators. Many subject specific boards go apeshit when something extraordinary happens in the area of coverage. Surely recent events qualify as extraordinary. Successful boards handle it by establishing clear threads for news and reactions and moving posts that don't conform to the appropriate alternate threads. That way you get to choose what you see.

That said, I don't fault the moderators here because 1) its easy to say what they should have done after the fact; to my knowledge neither you nor I nor anyone else I can see suggested it until now and 2) historically the amount of traffic on this board did not warrant very vigilant monitoring. My guess is Stuart et al have been overwhelmed recently.

There should be room for everyone here, even people who just want to vent; but to make the board as useful as possible, threads need to be kept fairly specific and monitored as such.

PS Glad you started a new thread for this discussion instead of adding to the mess under the huge main thread.

ben21

This was an extraordinary event.....
I've got to agree here. I've spent the better part of the last 5 years telling everyone how great it is, and that violence concerns are overblown and relegated to areas that tourists never see. I can't really defend RP anymore, I can just enjoy my time there are be willing to take anyone down that shows an interest. I'll continue to tell everyone that listens how great it is, but never again push the narrative that it's 100% safe in tourist areas.

Rocky Point will recover, and as the years pass people will forget. But it's going to take at least 4-5 years without an event like this for Americans on the fence to really come back.