Friend passed last night

Last night at dinner here in Phoenix a friend and co-worker passed away from a heart attack-very sad for us all and especially for his family.
My .02 cents of advice:
Keep your weight down as you get older and get your blood-work checked regularly. (I know, nothing you already don't now but take action now!) , keep moving, the more sedentary you are the faster you turn to mush. Good Luck and have a long life.

El Gato

A long time ago a doctor told my DH that "You rest, you rust." Same goes for the mind.

Between being able to walk the beach and picking up Spanish he is doing okay at not rusting (much) :) At 79 that isn't too bad.

Very sorry about your friend and co-worker - it is always hard to lose someone, especially unexpectedly.

Your advice is right on.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Sage advice. Sorry for your loss, Dirt. Gato, your Dh has me by a year.

I've got more rust than the Tin Man in a monsoon. But you guys have inspired me.

I haven't touched a golf club in three months, but I'm taking 300 Aleves and heading to
the practice tee. If I'm crying by this afternoon, it'll be all your fault.

OK guys, here I go.

Keep your weight down as you get older and get your blood-work checked regularly. (I know, nothing you already don't now but take action now!) , keep moving, the more sedentary you are the faster you turn to mush. Good Luck and have a long life.
A good reminder. And diet is another major factor as well. The American diet is pretty toxic. Sorry for your loss.

"300 Aleves and heading to the golf course" :) sounds like me when I throw a leg over a dirtbike. Good luck to you all! "You rest-you rust" is my new mantra and it does apply tot he mind also!

jerry

Chipotle wins the award for most unhealthy Mexican Fast Food because they’re overstuffed burritos seem to be averagely healthy on first glance, but nothing could be further from the truth. Chipotle uses much fresher tasting ingredients than most Mexican fast food chains and makes your burrito right in front of you. All too often, customers confuse freshness with healthiness, and chipotle happily encourages this notion. The national franchise emphasizes in their ad campaigns that their cheese and sour cream don’t contain artificial hormones and their pork is raised in large stress-free bedded pins and fed no antibiotics. Less chemicals in food is always a plus for the body, but the absence of chemicals definitely doesn’t help shave off any of the calories.
http://www.examiner.com/article/most-unhealthy-mexican-fast-foodA simple healthy chicken burrito with rice, black beans, mild salsa and lettuce is just under 1,000 calories with 25% just from fat! It sounds so healthy! If you want a burrito without only healthy ingredients, like one with steak, rice, pinto beans, corn and tomato salsas, sour cream and cheese, lettuce, and guacamole, its 1478 calories with 550 from fat. Even though you have the freshest ingredients, you are eating 2/3 of your daily caloric intake if your 200 pounds. You’re also taking in 160% of your daily sodium dose and a full daily portion of fat. If you want to make chipotle healthier, get a burrito bowl, and refrain from as much rice and sour cream as possible. Otherwise wish your heart good luck and dive in.

playaperro

El Pirata
You mean I shouldn't take a book with me to read when I take a break at the buffet's, or take a break with a couple cigs.

Chipotle . . . Less chemicals in food is always a plus for the body, but the absence of chemicals definitely doesn’t help shave off any of the calories.
Great point. Among the few fast-food places I'll eat at, Chipotle is a favorite. But then I order a burrito bowl (a burrito with no tortilla) of rice, lettuce, black beans, pico and a dollop of guac. I stand in line behind others ordering those monsterous burritos piled high with meat and sour cream, cheese, and other such stuff and proportions related to our disease inducing American diet.

joester

2 salty dawgs
dirtsurfer -
our condolences to you and your friends family - a sudden passing on is difficult to say the least.
as to health, we're all our own keepers of ourselves - ain't nobodys fault but mine.
keeping busy and staying happy seem to really help keeping healthy.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Dirtsurfer said, "You rest-you rust" is my new mantra and it does apply tot he mind also!"

That's why I keep actively tuning into this site. It's like Metamusal for the brain.