Friendly Dolphin closed?

Someone who was headed down to Penasco this weekend just posted that it had closed and they had "run into trouble" back in November. Details?

This friend said when he asked locals last night they said the bank took it over and they are looking for a buyer. Can anyone confirm this?

playaperro

El Pirata
James, biz was very slow for a couple years and when they rebuilt the road in front it just killed everything, I like that place used to go there all the time!

I've not been there since the mid-90's, but loved the joint. Guess I was too busy trying to visit every restaurant and taco stand in PP
to just stick with one or two. LOL

I've not been there since the mid-90's, but loved the joint. Guess I was too busy trying to visit every restaurant and taco stand in PP
to just stick with one or two. LOL
Yeah -- Back then the owner used to delight the patrons with his amazing, operatic voice. I remember once-- during a slower time of day -- he did a "show and tell" for us of all his amazing Mexican-Revolution memorabilia. We frequented other places over the next decade or so, but (about 2 years ago) we stopped by for dinner. After asking if the owner was still around, he appeared at our table with accompanying musicians, and graced us with a song. He apologized for his aging voice, but we loved every moment!

Dawg

We liked it but kind of got turned off when during dinner we got a Mayan Palace time share pitch from our waiter. .....and didn't return.